Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bull Goose Gorilla
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my younger days I was wild and crazy. I had my brushes with the law and I pursued any number of illicit activities. By my early 30's I evened out and became a good citizen. I got married, built a business, bought a house etc. I employ about 50 people and I might add that I create a good place for people to work and that I deeply care for my employees. I pay my taxes (without cheating), I raise money for several charities and I always vote. I have not hit anyone in years and I do my best to treat other folks with respect. Given all this why the f**k do I get treated like a criminal for trying to smoke a cigar. My God, they are passing laws against smoking in bars! It is not like I am only becoming aware of this, it has been coming for a while and it will only get worse. What a bunch of lilly livered, liberal, misbegotten, wussie bastards! The criminals, the drug dealers, child molesters and general low life scumbags are psychoanalysed and excuses are made, but God help you if you light up in a bar in Boston. Now thats real crime! The same mentality that does not believe in the existence of evil and will explain away the most heinous acts wants to rob me of my own personal responsibility. To me this is all about personal rights and personal responsibility. These all knowing, all compassionate bleeding hearts want to protect us all from ourselves. Since criminals are just victims of their environment and not responsible for their actions we must not be too harsh on them. Lets take away firearms so that so no one will be shot, it must be the guns fault cause it can't really be the criminals responsibility. Lets fine people for not wearing seatbelts since they are too feeble minded to decide for themselves. And of course those pathetic and pitiable individuals who work in bars cannot possibly have enough intelligence to make valid decisions about the environment that they choose to work in so lets decide for them. No smoking in bars. Next they will not be allowed to serve alcohol. Man, I have had it with this crap. I think it is time to start stockpiling cigars and weapons cause they'll be coming for my smokes next and I am not going to give them up without a fight.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I wish we could do something about people who think while they shave:c JUST KIDDING! Ditto, special interests are robbing my children of common sense. What little decisions I have left to make are the same you are making. Still ragingnsmoking

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
funny thing is that prohibition doesnt work.seems every generation of politicos has to relearn this lesson.never worked with booze never worked with drugs and i feel a big backlash coming for smokes.next will be a real involvment by organized crime.then they will see the mistake too late to put the genie back.

oddly enough ...in canada...there is a strong movment to legalize weed and at the same time a bigtime movment to ban tobacco everywere.

jeeze ...steve you got me talking (and thinking) politics...normaly i wont ever talk politics on this or any other board.

derrek:)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm with you on all points, it's happening here as well. I do thinks it's will always be a catch 22 with all these issues though. At this time in most cities you can smoke on the street, but you cannot drink alcohol. You can drink in a bar, but can't smoke tobacco. It should all be legal, but laws should depict where we use them. This should not include butting into one's business and telling them they can't allow they're customers to enjoy themselves. Of course we don't drink in public at noon, that's just irresponsible. One should however be able to smoke a cigar or cigarette on a cool sumer day in the park. Just like this stupid seatbelt and helmet law. Hey if your dumb enough to ride a motercycle without a helmet, more power to you, that your choice. But see then other dumbasses rationalize these things. Like all the pricks I see with babies of todlers without a car seat. We could go on and on, but I will write my letters to the mayor and such. I will kick back with a gar and let it play out. It's bound not to last too long, but who knows.

Let them come and try to take my gars. They have a lot of lead waitin' for 'em first...

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
Ya know Goose, I agree with ya, and besides employing 50 people, may be close to mirroring ya. (in a various ways)

JUST MY OPINION, but would love the true numbers. More than one of the law maker in this country that pass smoking laws, smoke themselves. But the laws they pass, don't concern them.

#1 They can easily cave in and vote yes for the new laws, and get thousands, if not millions of "wackos" off their backs.

#2 They (the law makers) don't go to all the public places that USED to allow smoke like "normal" citizens do. If they should happen to get into the public, it is not for very long.

#3 :sb I can't put the rest of the secret service will be bangin on my door :w

OPT

·
Registered
126 Posts
dvickery said:
funny thing is that prohibition doesnt work.seems every generation of politicos has to relearn this lesson.never worked with booze never worked with drugs and i feel a big backlash coming for smokes.next will be a real involvment by organized crime.then they will see the mistake too late to put the genie back.

I am sad to say that I think dvickery is wrong on this one: I feel that this nonsmoking wave will only grow larger over the years. It's a one-way ratchet, especially since smokers become fewer each year. Has any smoking ban ever been rescinded?

By the way, I should mention again the world's WORST place to smoke cigars: The People's Republic of Davis, California. In this idyllic town, it is illegal to smoke outdoors UNLESS YOU ARE MOVING. You cannot sit on a park bench--even if you're within hundreds of yards of a person--and enjoy a cigar. Can you imagine this: you're standing on a street corner smoking a nice stogie, and a cop comes along and tells you, "Keep moving with that stogie, son."

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Thanks for the post steve. As for me, I will continue my flagrant acts of civil disobedience as a manifestation of my constitutional rights. I will continue to toast my leaves at will.

Also, being 6'2" and 280 helps!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Lamar said:
Thanks for the post steve. As for me, I will continue my flagrant acts of civil disobedience as a manifestation of my constitutional rights. I will continue to toast my leaves at will.

Also, being 6'2" and 280 helps!
I second that, Amen
brother! Also being 6'7" and 310 helps me alot as well:u .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts