Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made a few posts without a proper introduction. I have been smoking cigars for a couple of years now but am really new to the higher quality smokes. IN the past I have been buying handmades at the local drug store and started checking prices per cigar. Turns out you can buy real cigars for about the same price per cigar as the no name handmades from Eckerds. So I started trying the known brands and found out what I have been missing. Man what a difference! Correctly stored and humidified cigars make a huge difference. The drug store had Macs and other high price cigars but I was afraid to sink the money into cigars that may have been sitting there for 4 years without humidfication. I was lucky to find a small cigar store about 20 miles from home that has some nice cigars. Since checking the board I have found members recommendations for online shops that are great. Thanks for the info people.

Anyway, I live in eastern North Carolina. I enjoy fishing, mainly bass fishing but I live on a coastal river and will fish for flounder, speckled trout, red drum and striped bass. I have learned a lot from the members postings already. This is a great site with great info. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Mitch :u

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome to CS, Mitchell!

Don't know where in Eastern NC you are, but there's a JR's store in Selma, not too far from Raleigh. I don't order from them much online, but I make sure to stop by when visiting family in NC. DEFINATELY worth an afternoon/day trip.

-Quixote

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks, Yeah, Jr's in Selma is about 70 miles from my house but I have never been to the store. I heard to plan on making a day of it since the guy who told me about it said it was huge and he was like a kid in a candy store. I have just placed on online order with them but plan on making the hour and a half trip just for the experience soon. Thanks for the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Master of Disaster said:
Welcome Mitchell,

I'm here in Raleigh - where down east do you live? Maybe we can get together for a little puff....

MoD
Master of Disaster, I am just east of Greenville. Maybe we can meet in Selma at Jr's in the future. I have been looking for an excuse to go and we can puff a couple and shoot the bull. Thanks for the great welcomes from everyone. I look forward to the fun and discussing our in common hobby, CIGARS!!!! Thanks all!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.