Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This traitor was given only 28 months for communicating "go out and kill" messages from a terrorist (involved in an earlier attempt on blowing up the WTC) to his followers in Egypt. She has also worked closely with the Black Panthers, advising them on some of their activities, along with defending cop killers.

NEW YORK (AP) -- A firebrand civil rights lawyer who has defended Black Panthers and anti-war radicals was sentenced Monday to nearly 2½ years in prison for helping an imprisoned terrorist sheik communicate with his followers on the outside.

The sentence, handed down at the end of a lengthy hearing, was far less than the 30 years prosecutors wanted.

Lynne Stewart, 67, smiled, cried and hugged supporters after U.S. District Judge John G. Koeltl imposed the 28-month sentence.

The judge said Stewart was guilty of smuggling messages between the sheik and his followers that could have "potentially lethal consequences." He called the crimes "extraordinarily severe criminal conduct."

But in departing from federal guidelines that called for 30 years behind bars, he cited Stewart's more than three decades of dedication to poor, disadvantaged and unpopular clients.

"Ms. Stewart performed a public service, not only to her clients, but to the nation," Koeltl said.

THIS JUDGE NEEDS A SERIOUS LESSON IN PUBLIC SERVICE.
And this "attorney" needs to rot in prison for the rest of her life.

God, this shit just pisses me off...

Edit: Here's a link
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/16/terror.trial.ap/index.html

·
Registered
818 Posts
That really upset me also. I don't think some of these people live in the same world most of us do. They just have to demonstrate their complete arrogance to the law and plain common sense occasionaly to justify their miserable priveleged existance. And they willalways be around. Part of the deal I guess.:mad: :bx

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
This bitch and the judge be brutally executed on Pay-Per-View with the proceeds going to a fund for the troops and their families.

On top of that, this bitch doesn't look as good as she once did....

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
This bitch and the judge be brutally executed on Pay-Per-View with the proceeds going to a fund for the troops and their families.
If public executions are your thing, you should consider a vacation in Saudi Arabia where I believe they are still pretty popular. According to Amnesty International,

Saudi Arabia has one of the highest rates of executions in the world in both absolute numbers and per capita. The death penalty applies to a wide range of non-violent activities such as apostasy and "witchcraft", "sexual offences", acts deemed to amount to "corruption on earth", and crimes such as drug dealing.

More than 1,100 people have been executed in the past 20 years,
As for Hanoi Jane, she looks pretty hot for 70 if you ask me.

·
Ask me why I dinged Black
10,415 Posts
Operating lawfully in a free society she elected to follow her (however objectionable) conscience and may die in prison as a consequence. So what? When I put on a uniform and swore to defend the constitution of the United States I didn't get to choose whose rights were worthy and whose weren't. It doesn't work that way.

Here's a little more free speech. These kinda threads are all some kind of misdirected testosterone. Proof: for some myterious reason political discussions here invariably end up viscious and mean-spirited. Why don't you all take this execution talk to a politically oriented web site where it belongs. You're crapping in an nice swimming pool and you don't even know it. :tg

·
Registered
506 Posts
This traitor was given only 28 months for communicating "go out and kill" messages from a terrorist (involved in an earlier attempt on blowing up the WTC) to his followers in Egypt. She has also worked closely with the Black Panthers, advising them on some of their activities, along with defending cop killers.

NEW YORK (AP) -- A firebrand civil rights lawyer who has defended Black Panthers and anti-war radicals was sentenced Monday to nearly 2½ years in prison for helping an imprisoned terrorist sheik communicate with his followers on the outside.

The sentence, handed down at the end of a lengthy hearing, was far less than the 30 years prosecutors wanted.

Lynne Stewart, 67, smiled, cried and hugged supporters after U.S. District Judge John G. Koeltl imposed the 28-month sentence.

The judge said Stewart was guilty of smuggling messages between the sheik and his followers that could have "potentially lethal consequences." He called the crimes "extraordinarily severe criminal conduct."

But in departing from federal guidelines that called for 30 years behind bars, he cited Stewart's more than three decades of dedication to poor, disadvantaged and unpopular clients.

"Ms. Stewart performed a public service, not only to her clients, but to the nation," Koeltl said.

THIS JUDGE NEEDS A SERIOUS LESSON IN PUBLIC SERVICE.
And this "attorney" needs to rot in prison for the rest of her life.

God, this shit just pisses me off...

Edit: Here's a link
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/16/terror.trial.ap/index.html
dido buddy. i couldn't have said it better myself

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Here's a little more free speech. These kinda threads are all some kind of misdirected testosterone. Proof: for some myterious reason political discussions here invariably end up viscious and mean-spirited. Why don't you all take this execution talk to a politically oriented web site where it belongs. You're crapping in an nice swimming pool and you don't even know it. :tg
In truth, this has only happened within the last year. Thanks though.

·
Ask me why I dinged Black
10,415 Posts
In truth, this has only happened within the last year. Thanks though.
Such as it may be. I'm not the censor or the political-anything here, FWIW. I'm just a guy that knows when Jane Fonda and George Bush pictures start showing up, it's a polarizing lightening rod than turns nice people hateful and encourages good members to smoke elsewhere. This is not complicated.

When a thread like this starts I'd say we are about three posts away from another valuable BOTL or SOTL saying (to self) "piss all" and never being heard from again.

This kind of thread, the ladies politics notwithstanding, is just plain crapping in the swimming pool. What's the point? Take it somewhere else, is my POV.

Sorry if I'm off topic here. The thread sucks and oughta die young.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Operating lawfully in a free society she elected to follow her (however objectionable) conscience and may die in prison as a consequence.
Ms. Stewart's actions in helping further the cause and agenda of a known terrorist organization with designs to kill Americans and our way of life is treasonous at best. It ain't free speech at issue here. TREASON should not be punished with a slap on the wrist, which she received IMO.

I spend a lifetime trying to be loyal, honest, and hard-working and it burns me that a person such as Stewart basically gets a slap on the wrist for crimes against our country and the rest of the western world.

Trust me, this thread wasn't started fueled by testosterone or misplaced machismo :u .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.