Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about purchasing my first box. I really like the El Rey del mundo Robsuto's at $60 a box but then I found a box of Oliva Masterblends Torpedo at a really good price on one of the auction sites. Anybody got an opinion on which way to go on a box of medium to Full in the 50-80 $ range? Thanks

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
ERDM robusto's are excellent, never had the La Aroma de Cuba that 909 suggested but I'm sure their a good choice too. Gran Habano # 5's get excellent reviews also. Padron 3000's are really good in that price range also.

I'm sure you'll get a ton more suggestions from the guys here thurm..

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
floydp said:
ERDM robusto's are excellent, never had the La Aroma de Cuba that 909 suggested but I'm sure their a good choice too. Gran Habano # 5's get excellent reviews also. Padron 3000's are really good in that price range also.

I'm sure you'll get a ton more suggestions from the guys here thurm..
totally agree with Floydp, the ERRM is pretty good, but if it was me i would diffinately go with some Padron 3000...

·
Registered
727 Posts
(909) said:
I think that the La Aroma de Cuba is around that price, I really liked them. My local shop gets them sporadically.
I really like these smokes. My local shop always has them, and when I want a good smoke at a great price, these are the ones I go with. I have a few of those ERDM's sitting in my humi from a box split. Havent tried one yet, but if they are half as good as the hype, I think I will be happy.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I smoked a Fonseca Vintage robusto a coupla days ago & it just blew me away. They are $69.95 a box of 20 at Famous.

You could do a lot worse than this cigar.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
(909) said:
I think that the La Aroma de Cuba is around that price, I really liked them. My local shop gets them sporadically.
Those are some fantastic smokes! Luckily, my local guy keeps them in stock, but, sadly, he also charges a buck a stick more than suggested retail! :c

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
All of the above!

ERDM, GH #5, LAdC, Padron 3KM, Oliva Master blend are excellent cigars. Given the choice today, I would probably pick the ERDM Robusto or Robusto Larga but I would likely give you an entirely different answer in a week or less. You really can't go wrong with the suggested cigars though. I will have to try those Fonseca Vintage robustos Kansashat.

Speaking of LAdC, I just recently discovered they were made by Ashton. The Robusto is great in these, but I also really like the Pyramid and Corona Minor.

-Matt-

·
Banned
8,745 Posts
Thurm15 said:
I'm thinking about purchasing my first box. I really like the El Rey del mundo Robsuto's at $60 a box but then I found a box of Oliva Masterblends Torpedo at a really good price on one of the auction sites. Anybody got an opinion on which way to go on a box of medium to Full in the 50-80 $ range? Thanks
Great suggestions I know 4 of them well.

GH # 5 - These are real strong young - Might hurt ya.
ERDM RL - Med/Strong with full flavor but you gotta have the palate for it.
Padron - 3000 - Got that woody strength
OMB - smooth and sneaky full

If it were me OMB but I'm a wuss. :D

Sure you don't want a sampler then decide?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Da Klugs said:
Great suggestions I know 4 of them well.

GH # 5 - These are real strong young - Might hurt ya.
ERDM RL - Med/Strong with full flavor but you gotta have the palate for it.
Padron - 3000 - Got that woody strength
OMB - smooth and sneaky full

If it were me OMB but I'm a wuss. :D

Sure you don't want a sampler then decide?[/QUOTE

I've smoked a couple of ERDM RL and loved em. That's what I'm thinkin of getting but then I saw a box of those OMB up for bid for 82 bucks and I've heard some good reviews but balked because I've never had em. Got a La Aroma De Cuba sittin it the Humi and I'll go to the shop and try a P3000 before I make up my mind. Thanks for all the input fella's. :D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The ERDM's are a good smoke but for the money a box of La Gloria Cubana, Partagas Blacks or CAO Brazilia's, all are priced very good and haven't failed me yet.

The sampler idea is a good one too. That way you can get several to try before buying a box. I'm a "fiver" fan myself. I"ve got a few boxes of smokes but my taste changes all the time so I like to keep several different types in my humi. I love a dark smooth maduro most of the time but once in awhile I want the very light and nutty flavor of a Macanudo. I don't have room for 25-30 boxes of cigars so the fiver packs do me just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.