Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
B. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year is 120,000.
C. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept.of Health & Human
Services.)

Then think about this:

A. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
B. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is
C. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous
than gun owners.

FACT:
NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
What are the odds for doctors who own guns? :D

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Good point! Like my son would say, "What if?"

·
Registered
382 Posts
fun with statistics! There is nothing like using irrelavent statistics to prove a point, even though it is a good one. :D

Good job boxofrain

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, the statistics are kind of like the liberal left wing "mainstream" media celebrating, I mean reporting on the 1000th American death in Iraq. They make a huge deal out of it (it is a tragedy anytime an American is lost so dont get me wrong) but dont even consider that 48,000 Americans are killed on highways every year. I guess mentioning the 48,000 killed in auto accidents every year does not promote the active campaign work the networks are doing for Kerry but 1000 soldiers dead in Iraq are exploited for nothing more than campaign points for the Kerry camp. Some statistics are more relevant than others considering what agenda the media is forcing down our throats at any given time. :mad:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Not to mention the complexity of the procedures done by doctors vs. pulling a trigger.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Also interesting...

Of the 1000 deaths in Iraq 258 were not in a combat situation. Out of the 742 others 141 were in a combat arenas but not caused by combat. That leaves 601 that have been killed in combat. That figures that we are losing about 1 per day. Of course the 1000 does not include the troops that die in the military that are not in Iraq.

In the military, on average, during peace time we have ~400 die each year if we figured the same number of troops. So there are comparable numbers dying each year regardless. 399~400. So considering the additional danger the troops are in, statisically we are losing very few additional troops considering the number deployed.

Now I don't want to see another one die but it will happen in peace or war. I have a nephew in Baghdad now. I want to see him come home. But we would be losing about 400 troops a year even in peace times.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Arg, started bitching because I don't like gun safety to be glossed over by an irrelevant comparison. I think we can agree that 1500 accidental gun deaths is 1500 too many.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Uh!
What happened to diabetes, complications of hypertension and obesity, etc . . . .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.