Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what was you worst cigar and the biggest disappointment of '04?

For me the worst was Thompsons house cigars. By far the worst cigar I smoked in '04.

The biggest disappointment was smoking a Macundo Hyde Park. After all the good reviews I read I expected this be a the best dam smoke. Well it didn't there was not to much flavor and was kinda on the mild amd bland side.
 

·
Skeeter's Confidant
Joined
·
7,197 Posts
Worst cigar a JR alt,

Biggest disapointment,2 of my step daughters relationships,they should of ended but they went back or let back in the scum...
 

·
Test Subject
Joined
·
2,651 Posts
Worst cigar ,,a box of cigars that were on special from J&R made by Perdomo and called Exclusivo ,,I will never buy the specials from JR again..

Biggest disappointment of 2004, men a women in Iraq are making the ultimate sacrifice while we at home make no sacrifice,,I just hope for the future of our country that does not turn out to be a situation where we end up cutting losses and leave so everything we did was for nothing...

Jerry in Minnesota.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Davidoff Millenium Blend Churchill

I bought two at $22 a piece, figuring the first would be great and the second would be even better after a year. The first was awful, the second was pretty darned bad. I guess 2 weeks in the humidor helped the second?

MM2(SW)S said:
So what was you worst cigar and the biggest disappointment of '04?

For me the worst was Thompsons house cigars. By far the worst cigar I smoked in '04.

The biggest disappointment was smoking a Macundo Hyde Park. After all the good reviews I read I expected this be a the best dam smoke. Well it didn't there was not to much flavor and was kinda on the mild amd bland side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
I have to agree on the Davidoffs....I received two as a graduation gift from an old friend. To me, they were constructed nicely, but just too plain and all around, they were just so-so to me. I would much rather have an AVO for half the price or something even cheaper, like a Cuesta Rey. Maybe I am just picky, or perhaps it is my lust for stronger cigars...:)

Brett
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
The two I had were pretty darned strong...

....and that's about it. But admittedly, they were beautifully made and burned quite flawlessly.
Did you have the millenium blend, or one of the others. The millenium is their "full bodied" line.

I hear that the quintessenttial Davidoff is the double R.

ChiTwnSmoke said:
I have to agree on the Davidoffs....I received two as a graduation gift from an old friend. To me, they were constructed nicely, but just too plain and all around, they were just so-so to me. I would much rather have an AVO for half the price or something even cheaper, like a Cuesta Rey. Maybe I am just picky, or perhaps it is my lust for stronger cigars...:)

Brett
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Re: The two I had were pretty darned strong...

I had the Millenium. I don't know, it just didn't peak my interest. Like anything, we all know name and price doesn't mean a thing in the end...

magno said:
....and that's about it. But admittedly, they were beautifully made and burned quite flawlessly.
Did you have the millenium blend, or one of the others. The millenium is their "full bodied" line.

I hear that the quintessenttial Davidoff is the double R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
My biggest disappointment in the cigar world in 2004 was the La Aurora 1903 "Gold" perferidio tube ...very expensive and totally underachieving and lacking.I'm going to have to try another one again soon to see if they are really that bad or if it was just a fluke...but I shudder when I think about having to taste that thing again... :pu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
I had a Preferido maduro recently...

....that was a very nice tasting cigar, but way too mild for me. I have another in the humi waiting for me to give this cigar line another chance.

Lost Sailor said:
My biggest disappointment in the cigar world in 2004 was the La Aurora 1903 "Gold" perferidio tube ...very expensive and totally underachieving and lacking.I'm going to have to try another one again soon to see if they are really that bad or if it was just a fluke...but I shudder when I think about having to taste that thing again... :pu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
I like the maduro in the red tube,thats the reason I thought I'd try the Gold which I believe is a Corojo wrapper...just had a weird flat metallic taste that wasn't backed with anything worthy of note. :BS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lost Sailor said:
I like the maduro in the red tube,thats the reason I thought I'd try the Gold which I believe is a Rosada wrapper...just had a weird flat metallic taste that wasn't backed with anything worthy of note. :BS
My brothe-in-law just sent me a sampler of these and the Gold did taste a little metlically with no other noticible flavors, but I do have another gold left maybe a little time in the humi will make it a little better. I have 2 maduros aswell, maybe I will smoke one today to see how they taste.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
maybe we would all be wise to remove....

our metallic tasting Auroras from their metallic tubes. I'm gonna go and do just that :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

MM2(SW)S said:
My brothe-in-law just sent me a sampler of these and the Gold did taste a little metlically with no other noticible flavors, but I do have another gold left maybe a little time in the humi will make it a little better. I have 2 maduros aswell, maybe I will smoke one today to see how they taste.
 

·
-
Joined
·
11,412 Posts
the worst cigar i had this year? i don't remember, but i know it threw it out the window after only 1/2" was smoked.

the biggest disappointment i had was just recently. i had been saving a PSD2EL that was given to me by a great guy who lives in Berlin. i finally had it, and was thoroughly unimpressed. i've had the psd3el, the pyramide EL, and a couple others that were pretty good... this one was just a standard cigar, not as good as some other standard production cuban cigars, but still better than all non-cubans i've smoked. i was just let down dramatically on that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
Savoy Torpedo
Villar y Villar Pyramide (Tasted like Vile y Vile)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
The worst cigar I have had this year was, well, a tie between St Luis Rey cigarillos (don't know if thats their proper name, but its their long skinny ones in a small box) and the Bucanero Crew Captain.

The biggest dissapointment for me was the Fonseca 2-2. After all the great things I had heard about it from the people here at Bon Ton Roule fine wine and cigars, I was really expecting something good, but nope, it was rather bland and boring.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top