Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
CAO is the exclusive supplier for the show. As to the specific line, I can't remember. Sorry

·
Registered
589 Posts
Bringing back an old thread...

'Celebrating its third season on the HBO series, "The Sopranos," the CAO Maduro - Vintage 1999 will be featured in the upcoming season.'

Link

You would have to think the one he smokes in the opening credits could be something besides a CAO.

Also, Tony gives his neighbor a box of Cuban Montecristo cigars in episode 10.

Here is some of the transcript:
Now, this is just a little token of my appreciation... For recommending dr. Melfi. She's a good shrink. Now, I'm not always a model patient. What? You didn't have to-- these are montecristos... These are Cuban? Yeah, they're the best, right? They're illegal, aren't they? They're cigars. They're dreamy, ton'. You're a good neighbor, Bruce. Look, I'm a doctor. I make referrals all the time, Tony. You don't have to give me-- no biggie. I bet these mother****ers were hard to come by, huh? Yeah, they fell off a truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure what the cigar is in opening credits,but it doesnt look like a CAO to me, just from the looks of it.Also I'm pretty sure CAO wasnt the supplier for the show til the third season.

Love the show but why does it take so dam long between seasons and I hope this year is better then last.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Last year was a little slow, Most memorable scene for me was when Silvio had his pep talk about the downswing of the economy, after much ado he stood up in front of his fellow mobsters and said,

"In business there are two things which are recession proof, certain aspects of show business and our thing." :w

What a guy. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts