Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2nd Official 'Fill A Humidor For A Newbie' Contest

Many of you may remember the previous and first official 'FAHFAN' contest that took place prior to the Great Server Crash of 2005. The overwhelming amount of participation was so exciting and highly motivating, not just for me but many to many the members here! In fact one of our members, Scott aka Moglman, was so supportive of the idea of this contest that he had ordered the second humidor to be used in the next contest! We had even recieved the first five cigars to start the contest off. The winner of the last contest was none other than our good friend Jeff aka Miki and he recieved a humidor full of fantastic cigars all thanks to the great contributions of Club Stogie members who wanted to see a Newbies dreams come true.

The Humidor full of cigars was shipped to miki and everything went smoothly. Because of the setback that we had all experienced from the server crash I had wanted to wait a bit before starting up the next FAHFAN contest. I had wanted to be able to devote enough time and energy to it to make sure that it runs smoothly and I now feel that I am in that position.

When my wife had helped me come up with the idea of the first contest I had already obtained a post count of about 800. However, after the server crash my post count had been knocked back down to 100, as did it have that effect on many other people here... pretty much making ALL of us "Newbies". Now that we all have a few posts under our belt and are getting back in the swing of things I think that we are all ready to participate again.

Their are two different types of people that participate in this contest. Donators and Newbies. The donators are individuals who wish to contribute to the contest by sending cigars to be added to the humidor. We have already recieved a five pack that has been resting in the humidor for awhile now. Please pardon my ignorance but I forget who had actually sent it because the PM that I had saved was lost in the crash. I am asking that this very kind and generous donator please speak up or PM me so that you can take recognition for the great cigars in the mix and that you please forgive me for not recalling your name.

If you wish to be a donator and send cigars than I will need you to make a reply to this thread stating so. Because their is only enough room in the humidor for a particular quantity of cigars, probably around 20 and we already have 5, I will be compiling a list of those who wish to donate as the post progresses and keep track of the number of cigars that we have. I will PM the donators with instructions as well as a date that I will need to recieve the cigars by. Those who donate cigars are the ones who will be able to participate in the voting process which will decide which Newbie Nominee becomes the lucky winner of this Humidor Full Of Cigars!!

The second group of people must fall under a specific catagory. To qualify as a newbie you must have a Post Count of less than 125 and more than 25 the at date that the contest starts. That means that if you decide to post whore to bump up your PC after you read this, it does not count.. The post history of the nominess will be read and researched by the donators to get a better idea of the contestants and as a sort of 'background check'. We will also be checking the 'shit list' to verify that none of the nominees are scammers. I am making these harsh restrictions and taking these precautions because this contest is a big deal. We are talking about a nice desktop size humidor full of 20-25 cigars or so that the great people of Club Stogie have so kindly donated! If you have a problem with the rules of this contest or don't qualify for this contest in some way than I recommend that you check out the Newbie Sampler Thread ( http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10578 ) which is an excellent and amazing post for new smokers to get a chance to try some great cigars.

If for some reason you have slightly more than 125 or slightly less than 25 but still would like to participate than we are definately willing to make an exception if we feel that the person is well deserving. This 'Contest' is about finding a new smoker who is truely enthuesiastic about cigars but still very new to them. This contest is for Club Stogie members, within the United States only, that do NOT have a humidor. We ask that if you do happen to have a humidor or an overwhelming abundance of cigars that you please give the others a chance.

If you qualify as a newbie and would like to enter this contest, DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME, but rather reply to this thread with a paragraph or two (or two pages as some submitted in the last contest) with information regarding your previous smoking experience (What you like, what you don't like.. what you've had and what you would like to try), how long you've been smoking cigars, your thoughts about Club Stogie, and whatever other relevant information that you wish to provide.

We also ask that the winner of the cigars take time to post a review for them. This will be a HUGE compliment to those who have donated their time and money to the contest as well as it will help you grow as a new smoker, better enabling you to understand the complexity of the cigars that you smoke. If you don't have much experience in reviewing cigars, this will be a great oppurtunity for you to try a wide array of cigars and note the differences in complexity and flavor profiles. I recommend spending some time in the Non-Cuban Cigar Review section of the website to familiarize yourself with some basic tasting skills. Take a look at This Page ( http://www.whatsknottolove.com/cigarsavvy/subcat.php/18 ) to get some great tips on reviewing cigars! However your best bet is to read others reviews and try to find similiar characteristics in the same cigar or other cigars that you smoke. The more you smoke and become conscious of the characteristics of your cigars, the more your palate will become like a centerfuge seperating and identifying all different flavors!!

I just took a peak inside the humidor and the cigars still look great! When we decide on the winner then I will announce it in this thread and ship it out to them priority mail, which usually takes about 2 days from where I live no matter to where it is shipping in the US.

Jeff (miki), if you wish to step in and make a short acceptance speach regarding your experience with the FAHFAN contest, i'm sure that all of the contributors and the future nominees will find it rather inspirational.

Thank you all so much for your time and a special thanks to all those that participated in the previous contest. I will announce a contest end date once I get a feel for how many donators we will have (remember that we are not accepting more than 20-25 cigars.) My wife is just as excited as I am to get this contest started!!! So light up a stogie, pour yourself a tall glass of your favorite libation and tell us why you deserve to win the: Second Official "Fill A Humidor For A Newbie" contest!!!

:ms LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :bx
-mr dan and kasey psygardelic-

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'd love to donate. I'm a newb myself, but the devil has grabbed ahold of me and the last thing I need is ANOTHER humidor...I'd love to chip in and help fill one up for a fellow newb though.

PM me your address, and I'll get a box out to you.

Steve

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"If you wish to be a donator and send cigars than I will need you to make a reply to this thread stating so. Because their is only enough room in the humidor for a particular quantity of cigars, probably around 20 and we already have 5, I will be compiling a list of those who wish to donate as the post progresses and keep track of the number of cigars that we have. I will PM the donators with instructions as well as a date that I will need to recieve the cigars by."

I will be PMing everyone at the same time and I will be having everyone sending around the same time (and it should actually be within the next week.) Thanks for your contributions, I will contact you later in the contest with the details.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you John. Your one of the good ones.. Always been so generous in everyway.. Your contributions are appreciated. I dont think that we will need more than 4 donators to fill the humidor because I am also going to be contributing.. We have 2 now.. we just need a coupe more then some newbies to enter..

Their hasn't been much of a response yet, not like the last contest.. maybe its because its the weekend. Spread the news and try to recruit some newbies. If you can think of someone you think is deserving of the prize then please give them a PM or nominate them yourselves..,

Thanks again everyone. I realy want this to be special. I am going to try and get everythign finalized and ready by the end of next week and maybe sent out the following week.

·
Registered
777 Posts
psygardelic said:
The 2nd Official 'Fill A Humidor For A Newbie' Contest

Jeff (miki), if you wish to step in and make a short acceptance speach regarding your experience with the FAHFAN contest, i'm sure that all of the contributors and the future nominees will find it rather inspirational.

:ms LET THE GAMES BEGIN! :bx
-mr dan and kasey psygardelic-
Dan, I would love to make a short acceptanc speech, because the one I originally made was way to long.

I want to first thank Dan and Kasey psgardelic, because if it wasn't for kasey, there would be no FAHFAN contest and if it wasn't for Dan putting all that time and effort into this contest it wouldn't have been so special, I can't thank you guys enough.
To all the incredible and generous donators who went in thier own humidors and wanted to make a newbie so happy and introduce to some of the best cigars out, Thank you guys so much. To the BOTLs that voted for me, I'm so happy that you thought I was the most deserving of the prize. Thank you.

To all Newbies who wish to enter, be sincere, as you've seen here at CS, there are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. The thing that I found sad was that there were some newbies that entered the contest and were full of crap, just trying to take advantage of the goodness of the Gorillas here and get some free cigars and humidor. It's strange how a number of people have not been seen here at CS since the contest and saw that the second contest wasn't going to be right away. That's sad. People here are generous but are not stupid and see through this.

Anyways, on a positive note, I have not won a lot of things in my life and when I found out I won, I was so happy, not just because of the great prize but because the people involved wanted me to win and that is a great feeling.

I know this was supposed to be short, but I will never forget this and can't thank everyone enough. My welcome post here was I love this place and to this day, I love it more and more. CS is my second home and I have made some great friends here and I hope to make more.

Good Luck to everyone in the contest and may the best Newbie win :)

BTW - As I am writing this post I am smoking the SLR Serie A that was donated by Moglman and I must say it is a great cigar. Thanks :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just want to say good luck to the noobies who enter, and a special curse you you lucky bastige to whoever wins ;) j/k. There is no better way to get into this habit and truly experience a wide array of cigars. Just be honest and truthful when you enter.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hey! I'll toss some 'gars in there!! Hook me up with an addy to send 'em to! :)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
i really dont know where i stand, but i would love to participate on either side.. can someone look it up and let me know? admittedly i have whored my way up to what HAS to be a CS record.. 400+ posts in a month.. just let me know how i can participate.. i remember falling short to miki in the first contest!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would love to donate some cigars to the cause. In light of the humi capacity issues is there a limit to how much we can send? Psygardelic please send me a note with an addy when you get a chance. Thanks in advance for letting me play. :)
-Matthew

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is truely sad.. I dont want to have to pull the plug on this because I have a lot of hopes for it.. Are we seriously lacking any newbies here who give a damn, or has this post just been overlooked? Maybe a sticky and a mention in some other forums would help.

I'm going to make a post in the newbie forum to try and jump start it.. Please please please don't be afraid to enter.. We want to change someones life here.. and for someone who LOVES cigars and hasn't had many to try.. getting a humidor full of various cigars to review is a great gift!!!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
psygardelic said:
... To qualify as a newbie you must have a Post Count of less than 125 and more than 25 the at date that the contest starts. ... reply to this thread with a paragraph or two (or two pages as some submitted in the last contest) with information regarding your previous smoking experience (What you like, what you don't like.. what you've had and what you would like to try), how long you've been smoking cigars, your thoughts about Club Stogie, and whatever other relevant information that you wish to provide. ...
C'mon Noobs! Anyone? Maybe the directions got lost in Dan's intoductory novel, but get in there are enter! Write it up and you too may be the lucky winner!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thinking about redoing the instructions and rules for entering in a Bullet format but alas I cannot edit a post that old.. I made a post in the Newbie forum but I dont have enough creds to sticky it.. hopefully they will get the message. THIS CONTEST KICKS ASS!!! DONT MISS OUT!

god bless propaganda

·
Registered
398 Posts
Only thing that kept me from entering was the Humidor rule, sitting here cursing Thompsons now lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im open for being leniant.. were going to put the shipping on hold untill we have at least 10 entries... Thompson humidor hardly qualifies. My mom bought me one for my 16th with 100 rockets in it.. hell, I was 16 I couldn't tell the difference.. Anyways, if no one else opposes, and you feel like you meet the other qualifications (an aspiring newbie who LOVES cigars) then by all means please do enter. but its up to the donators.. anyone see a problem with it.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.