Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They rescued the BEER

:r :al :D

Obviously the Russians have their priorities straight.

Russian Army deployed in beer rescue
CNN, January 21, 2004

MOSCOW, Russia -- Russian troops have retrieved 10 tons of beer trapped under Siberian ice, the Itar-Tass news agency has reported.

The truck carrying the beer sank when trying to cross the frozen Irtysh river, near the Siberian city of Omsk, around 2,200 km (1,400 miles) from Moscow.

The rescue team of six divers, 10 workers and a modified T-72 tank from the Emergencies Ministry managed to save the load after a week-long operation. They pulled the truck to an ice hole, opened the doors, and managed to pull out the kegs and bottles of beer.

The Rosar brewery in Omsk, part of the Interbrew Belgian group, says it is ready to take the beer back.With temperatures around minus 27 degrees Celsius (minus 17 degrees Fahrenheit) in the area, the brewery told Tass the beer was still in good condition. Tass quoted the brewery as saying it will sell the beer as a rarity, but with a discount.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I guess beer is all the economy really has going for it there. That is pretty sad that they can recover beer but not there multi billion dollar subs.

:pu

·
-
11,412 Posts
does anyone recall watching one of the russion press conferences during that sub fiasco they had?

i distinctly remember watching one, this old lady in the back was just bitching the speaker out, she was going crazy... in the background you could see some guys scrambling around and coming up behind her. there was a dark haired female with the guy...

all of the sudden, they grab her from behind while she's all emotional, stick a BIG FRICKIN NEEDLE IN HER NECK, she goes almost limp in under 5 seconds and they drag her ass outta there ASAP!!

i could not believe what i was watching, it was almost out of a movie!!

dont' know if you all remember that or not.

·
Registered
584 Posts
IHT said:
all of the sudden, they grab her from behind while she's all emotional, stick a BIG FRICKIN NEEDLE IN HER NECK, she goes almost limp in under 5 seconds and they drag her ass outta there ASAP!!

i could not believe what i was watching, it was almost out of a movie!!

dont' know if you all remember that or not.
When did this happen?

·
-
11,412 Posts
right after that sub went down and they lost everyone... one of the submariners moms was in the meeting, and she was GOING OFF!! she was hysterical, and they ran up behind her and you can easily see that this female has a huge needle... they grab her real quick, stick the needle in her NECK, and within 5-10 seconds, she's all rubbery and not wanting to yell anymore...

just like in a movie, amazing...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.