Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was at school playing with the new Canon A95 and I recalled someone wanted to see pictures of my snakes so I snapped some. The big snake is Partagas( named after the Culebra), a Columbian Red Tail Boa. (I think he's really a Mexican boa bc he's so dark!) Partagas last measured in at over 9f long. The other is a snake that one of my students brought in thinking it was a boa and of course ended up being some wild gopher snake that is really tame! lol He's about 3 ft long and eating a large mouse in the attempted pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
I love snakes. When I get to Virgina I plan on getting a Boa.

As for the Pics the last one is my fav. I just wish you could have seen more of the mouse. Good pics though. So how are you likeing the new camera?

·
Registered
806 Posts
:cool:
And all my tortoise’s eat is grass…..How Boring!!!

Why don't you post them in the photo gallery. That would be a nice way to show them.

Very cool pic's and snake!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cool stuff. Housing 4 ball pythons and 2 kenyan sand boas here. Almost bought a yellow anaconda a few months ago! :confused:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I always liked snakes. Kept many as pets as a kid, mostly Kings and Gophers. My mom hated them, especially when they got loose in the house :r .

·
Registered
727 Posts
Snakes are very cool. I was hiking a few month ago, and the girl I was hiking with was about 5 yards behind me. She gasped, and I turned around. She told me to look down. I had stepped about 3 inched from a timber rattle snake. That was crazy. Anyways, those pic's are great.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool pics! Are those snakes expensive to maintain?
no actually they are very inexpensive when compared to my Salt water reef tank! lol The best part is they are low maintainance though. The rats cost about $7 a piece and he eats two of them, minimum. Generally though, I get my rats from the local University when they cull the rats. The lady who runs the lab animal care has a son at my HS so she kills and freezes them and he delivers! and I thaw, nuke and feed him! Works great! He eats now about every 10-15 weeks. He is wonderful with the kids and anyone can hold or handle him. He hasn't ever bit anyone either. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.