Cigar Forums banner

The prototype to the production model

922 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Jeff 
#1 ·
For any of you out there who have read any of my posts reguarding the heating/cooling system I've developed for humidors will want to know I've finished with prototyping and the final product seems near. This was actually, for me, and easy project and I had the first prototype up and running in a matter of hours. Now I've refined the design a few times to make it more user friendly and compact. I came up with some new circuit designs I'm going to be adding that will trim down the system even more, but even since the begining it's been keeping valuable cigars at a constant 70 F. Today we had a mild heat wave where the temp rose to about 75 and the thing worked like a charm and brought the temp down to a beautiful 69.4. Anyway the system now has been trimmed down by a $100!!! I can now make and sell the unit for $150. This is not a sales pitch but a hand out to any BOTL who are interested. THere will need to be some minor skill on the part of the buyer to set up the unit. A 4" x 4" hole must be made to the back of the humidor,right now only for end table and small furniture humidors. I can make a unit for a tall standing humidor and I will quote per request. I am also making a small compact unit for table top humidor 20" x 13" x 13". But I have to still work out the thermastat situation as the unit itself is not that big and the thermastat itself takes up room. Anyway I will be posting pics this weekend.

#7 ·
Hard work that paid off. Good luck with the business venture. I am intersted in it. The only thing is,putting th ehole in back of endtable humi. and space unit would take up.If you have any photos please post them. So i can get a better idea of what it looks like.

Congrats

#8 ·
Cartierusm Did you ever get the smaller one you were talking about made? I'd like to have something like that for my desktop humi.

#9 ·
Great work Carter!! Someday in the not too distant future I hope to get my cigars out of the basement and into a cabinet upstairs. And I know I'd definitely want some type of temp control......... :u

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.