Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
-=A Smoking Poet=-
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, or I should say morning since it's almost 3AM here. If you've read my other posts about Padron you can tell I really like this cigar. The annie 64' diplomatico was the first cigar I smoked from this company, and since then I have been on a mission to try their entire line. I recently purchased two Padron Series "Delicias"s, one maduro and one natural. Unfortuneatly I was entirely way too entoxicated off cognac (another favorite of mine, because it's such a clean alcohol that disappears the next day) to give a fair review on the maduro. All I remember was that it was a bit spicey but fun to smoke. I took a time out to really enjoy the natural all by myself in the quiet solitude of my balcony. The moon had lit up my balcony just enough to be perfect. The air was cold/crisp, I had a big jacket on, and the wind wasn't blowing too much. I decided to have a cup of cranberry juice (might have been cranberry cocktail:) ) next to me so that I can get a little bit of a fruity taste as I smoked. The pre-aroma of this cigar was very manure'ie, almost like an ISOM but with a hint of age (like you get when you pass a lawn that has fertilizer that has dried out). The construction like any Padron was flawless. The light was perfect and the drag (again standard Padron) was perfect. I got clouds of wonderful white smoke, and the ash was even, nicely colored, and as strong as any cigar I have ever had (check out the pic, but I must apologize because I only have a webcam and I forgot to focus it:( ). The downside to this cigar was that it lacked the wonderful flavor I got with the annie. The 4000 I had also lacked this magic, but I think the 4000 was a better overall smoke than the delicias. I enjoyed the cigar, and after ashing once I was able to smoke to the nubby and turn it off without having to ash again. Great cigar, but lacking the magic you get when you add about 10-15 bux on the buying price. Thanx for reading, see you next time (probably at 2-3am again).

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: The Padron Addict Strikes Again!

Another Padron review. I love it! Keep up the good work Don :D Sounds like it might be time to dip into the ole Padron-a-Dor and send you a package. I'm going to crack open a new box today. Looks like it will be a box of 2000 natural's that was layed down 9-1-2000. :D Could you use a couple?
PM me your addy if your interested......................

·
Registered
600 Posts

Haha good deal, I'd jump on that. Looks like I need to start writing more reviews and taking crappy pictures with my camera phone :tg Just Kidding Don! Keep up the good work.

Enjoy-
Joe

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

Great review, DV. Havent' had a Padron that wasn't good.

Padron-a-dor...what a great idea. Might just have a go at one of those.

Scott"mmmm...Padron"M

·
Registered
810 Posts

great review . I just had my first padron ever a 1964 with alot of humi time that was givin to me at the san diego herf from a awsome botl(thanks again zemekone) and it was the bomb I plan to buy a box and age it soon :SM

·
-=A Smoking Poet=-
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanx for the compliments guys. Moco you're the man for that offer! Very kind of you, that padron-a-dor you have is a treasure chest I would be honored to have anything that came out of it. I'll let you know my addy as soon as I figure out what I'm going to send you in return, your on my buddy list so I'll send you a PM:)

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts

Good review DonVon. I'm with you on the annies. I really like the anny series but I find the std Padron a little one dimensional and I'm not all that crazy about the flavor in general.

Mocobirds suggestion that a few years in a humidor is probably the best way to get the Padrons "on". BTW Mocobirds Padronador is pretty neat, I wish that I could store smokes in something like that but in my house it wouldn't fly because according to the wife, "its gotta match the other furniture".

·
Registered
806 Posts

(909) said:
BTW Mocobirds Padronador is pretty neat, I wish that I could store smokes in something like that but in my house it wouldn't fly because according to the wife, "its gotta match the other furniture".
Tell her....."That's why God gave us closets!" :D Ask him, he's around here somewhere :r

·
Registered
806 Posts

DonVon said:
I'll let you know my addy as soon as I figure out what I'm going to send you in return, your on my buddy list so I'll send you a PM:)
I never expect anything in return when I send someone gar's. I derive my pleasure from sending someone something they have never had or have never been able to enjoy before. Like 5 year old Padron's. If you would like to send me something it is always appricated but never expected. With that said, send me your addy and I will get these bad boys on their way for your smoking pleasure!! :cool:

.......MocoBird

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.