Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow primates, 3 o'clock in the morning and I am holding my own personal wake for the passing of one of the last truly American icons, Johnny Cash. I think his heart was broken when June Carter died back in May, and he was ready to join her. Smoking a Habano Primero pyramid,excellent cigar by the way, and drinking a couple of fingers worth of Knob Creek, and thinking about the last song I heard him sing, "Hurt". I think it was written by Perry Ferrell of Nine Inch Nails...what a strange teaming of talent. If you have never heard it you are missing one of the most powerful pieces of current music out there; almost Cash's biography in 3 minutes. Peace to you and June, Johnny. Frank B

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u :u I grew up listening to Johnny's music. His material from the 50's and 60's still seems fresh to me. Johnny's life was full of pain, addiction problems, family problems, and religious experiences. Kind of a microcosm of everyone's life. He will be missed.:u :u

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
So true. In addition to that, in spite of all of the pain in his life, he still found a way to get up and go to work everyday. He will be missed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts