Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This movie came out on DVD last week and we watched it Friday night.
The following folks are in it - Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron (hottie!),
Donald Sutherland, Jason Statham, Seth Green, Mos Def, Edward Norton. I listed most of the cast (Wahlberg & Theron are the stars), but rest were absolutely stunning!

This is what I call a butter-popcorn movie. No big drama, no great life issues; just a fun plot, great action, stands on its own as a caper (some comedy) movie that's well above average. The action here is splendid, imaginative and well filmed.

Two excellent parts to this movie - absolute super settings: a boat chase through, under, and around Venice; a set of tricked-out Mini-Cooper cars vrooming through the sewer pipes of LA like kids through a water slide. Really fine performances: Donald Sutherland as the patriarch of the thieves, Seth Green (Scott Evil from the Austin Powers movies) as the funny computer geek (hilarious), and the supremely creepy Edward Norton as the villain.

I really appreciated that none of the action was faked by computer - it's just good old-fashioned stunt-driving (hard to believe mini-coopers would be fun to watch).

I'll give this one a 4 star (on 5 scale) - well worth buying. Wife liked it more than I did. She was shocked - no nuditiy and very little four letter language. She gives it a 4.5 star.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
thanks for the review, jody. my daughter (16) really loved that movie and she keeps telling me to see it... guess i'll have to now.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Have not seen the new one but I really like the original. :cool:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've seen them and enjoyed both.

Jody, you should rent the original circa 1969 with older version minicoopers. Saw it in England when it first came out.

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Good movie.

The race scenes are wild in this movie. No way a normal Mini Cooper could survive that !!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I've seen them and enjoyed both.

Jody, you should rent the original circa 1969 with older version minicoopers. Saw it in England when it first came out.
:tpd: Nothing like the original Italian Job...Michael Caine is great in it.

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts