Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, if any of you gorillas are ever in L.A. I would highly recommend checking out the Getty museum. I went there this weekend and was in absolute astonishment at the works they had on display. I wouldn't call myself the most sophisticated, or cultured guy but the stuff they had there was truly awe inspiring. They had Van Goghs, Rembrandts, Monets. I saw ancient marble statues carved for roman emporers and hand-drawn sketches by Michealangelo. Of course I had to draw a parallel to cigars. All of the exhibits made me think of how each artist had mastered their craft to such great lenghts and how absolutely refined and ultimately perfect their works were. This is the human mastery I see in finely made cigars. Everything we have now is clumsily spit out of some machine and mass produced. Back in the day, books were hand-written by scribes and adorned with gold lettering and detailed embellishments. I guess I really appreciate the beauty of human virtuosos and their work. Cigars, an excellent ale, and some wailing Jimmy Page solos.
sb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts