Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, we've been having a bit of a heat wave here in the California, but it finally cooled down enough to have a nice mini herf outside... Just me and an actor buddy, Collin Chou.

He snagged a major role in the upcoming movie, The Forbidden Kingdom.

Jackie Chan and Jet Li get joint top billing, but Collin should be billed second.

:tu for his career.

the movie has got some heavy hitters on it...

besides the aforementioned Jackie Chan and Jet Li, we got Rob Minkoff directing (probably best known for The Lion King) and Yuen Woo Ping doing fight choreography (probably best known for fight choreography for the Matrix)... Collin worked with Woo Ping before on the Matrix... Collin played Seraph (the Asian dude that guarded the Oracle and had a long fight scene with Keanu).

anyways, here are some spy shots from the set...

BTW, there were no cameras allowed on set except for those involved with the filming... anyone that had a camera was threatened with termination, so to protect the photographer, I will claim to not know where these pics came from... and they can't fire me, since I don't work for them. :D so far a few cell phone shots have made it out... but as far as I know these are the best pictures of Forbidden Kingdom production available on the internet... wow, CS scoops the entertainment sites!

the story is based on a very famous old Chinese novel known as the Monkey King... and almost all of Asia knows this story. Jet Li plays the Monkey King (he also plays the Monk). the Dragonball cartoon is based on the same story.

looks pretty good. it's in post production now so it should be coming out soon.

go watch it! :)

BTW, there was no smoking allowed on set, but Collin still managed to get actor Michael Angarano (also staring in the movie) hooked on cigars... Siglo VI's :ss

·
Silverback
2,607 Posts
Awesome pics. Very, very cool. Can't wait to see this movie. Colin was great as Seraph BTY. I loved that fight scene in the Matrix.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome pics. Very, very cool. Can't wait to see this movie. Colin was great as Seraph BTY. I loved that fight scene in the Matrix.
hehe... keanu did an admirable job considering he had little fight experience. Collin's role as Seraph was originally ment for Jet Li, but Mr. Li didn't take it.

Collin said that the fight scenes with keanu was some of the slowest he's had to do... of course that probably isn't too surprising since Collin has been fighting in films for decades... he was part of Sammo Hung's stunt group and has fought opposite Jet Li in many Hong Kong movies as well as playing Jet Li's father in Fearless. and since I seem to be pimping him here, might as well mention that he's in the independent film American Fusion that's in limited release right now... although, I think he does zero fighting in that one.

I think The Forbidden Kingdom is supposed to be rated G... so I really don't know how much fighting there will be... or how realistic... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hehe... keanu did an admirable job considering he had little fight experience. Collin's role as Seraph was originally ment for Jet Li, but Mr. Li didn't take it.

Collin said that the fight scenes with keanu was some of the slowest he's had to do... of course that probably isn't too surprising since Collin has been fighting in films for decades... he was part of Sammo Hung's stunt group and has fought opposite Jet Li in many Hong Kong movies as well as playing Jet Li's father in Fearless. and since I seem to be pimping him here, might as well mention that he's in the independent film American Fusion that's in limited release right now... although, I think he does zero fighting in that one.

I think The Forbidden Kingdom is supposed to be rated G... so I really don't know how much fighting there will be... or how realistic... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :D
hehe I guess I was tired when I wrote that... I missed typing the "P" in the rating... I meant to type "rated PG" not "rated G"... But alas I am still wrong... Collin tells me that it's to be rated PG-13... which affords a little more violence. :D

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Wow!

This looks to be impressive! Tell your buddy I loved Fearless. I will probably take time out to see this.

ATL

·
Registered
441 Posts
Awesome looks like. I really liked the Seraph charchter in the matrix series and even in the videogame. I didn't know that a movie was coming out based on the monkey king legend. I love Dragon Ball. Any kamehamehas or master Roshi? :r

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
From the Internet Movie Database:

The Forbidden Kingdom (2008)

advertisement photos board trailer details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
Director:Rob Minkoff

Writer (WGA):John Fusco (written by)

Release Date:18 April 2008 (USA) more view trailer
Genre:Action / Adventure / Comedy / Fantasy
Tagline:The path is unsafe. The place is unknown. The journey is unbelievable.
Plot Outline:A discovery made by a kung fu obsessed American teen sends him on an adventure to China, where he joins up with a band of martial arts warriors in order to free the imprisoned Monkey King. more
Plot Synopsis:This plot synopsis is empty. Add a synopsis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast (Credited cast)
Michael Angarano ... Jason Tripitikas

Morgan Benoit ... Lupo

Jackie Chan ... Lu Yan

Collin Chou ... Jade War Lord
Bingbing Li ... Ni Chang

Jet Li ... Monkey King / Lan Cai He

Yifei Liu ... Golden Sparrow
more

Very cool! :tu

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.