Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tastey, brilliant packaging and cameo apperances, are what the McDonalds McRib and Bolivar Gold Medal have in common :D I just recently had the opppertunity to try the latest release of the Gold Medal, having missed out on the last 2 apperiances i was excited to try this thing, and a little hesitant wondering why they felt the need to make it a la Casa de Habanos release only... but that extra band has ment great things in the past, so i chalk it up to bosting the sales of there own chain stores.

So which is more impressive? A decadently wrapped cigar, that of which in Gold foil, or beef that was molded into the shape of rack of ribs? you be the judge, but either way im excited when either shows its face!

http://imageshack.us
VS

·
Registered
230 Posts
Where's Fredster? Our local McDonald's expert when we need him lol.

Flux,

Over the years people have been saying that both HSA and other regional distributors and warehouses have these large freezers to kill off any chance of a becho' hatching. I even think I remember seeing a photo of one posted a year or so ago of one that was in Cuba. Either way I used to freeze all of my sticks before I had the temp controlled walk-in to keep my sticks below 65deg, and now that HSA and other regional distributors are freezing I no longer worry (but still inspect my stock). As you know it gets pretty hot here in Austin.

MIkes

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I'm not sure I understand this post. IMHO, the McRib is the very worst item on the McD's menu. Perhaps ever. The new BGMs, on the other hand, are among the very best (if not THE best) regular production cigars currently available. JMHO, though...

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
I'm not sure I understand this post. IMHO, the McRib is the very worst item on the McD's menu. Perhaps ever. The new BGMs, on the other hand, are among the very best (if not THE best) regular production cigars currently available. JMHO, though...
Glad u said that, I just got1&never had the sandwich. Maybe Ill smoke it at the next her in Oct. (gifted by JPH himself):tu

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
I think his initial thought was that because of both item's special packaging and somewhat sporadic appearance on the market they are similar in nature.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts