Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rocky Patel Sungrown Torpedos from Famous...you heard it heard first (well, maybe not first).

These cigars kick copious amounts of ass. I've smoked about 5 so far and if the next 5 are this good then this is my new 'go to' cigar. The cigar is very attractive and construction is damned near perfect. The flavor is that 'sungrown' flavor you should know and love.

The only flaw so far was one that was slightly tight but the draw opened up nicely after a few minutes. Definitely the best RP seconds I've ever had and a frikkin steal at $2 per. I'll try and snap a pic if anybody asks for one.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've picked up 2nd on occasion at the B&M. I've seen they can be rough, so I like to hand select.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Rocky Patel Sungrown Torpedos from Famous...you heard it heard first (well, maybe not first).

These cigars kick copious amounts of ass. I've smoked about 5 so far and if the next 5 are this good then this is my new 'go to' cigar. The cigar is very attractive and construction is damned near perfect. The flavor is that 'sungrown' flavor you should know and love.

The only flaw so far was one that was slightly tight but the draw opened up nicely after a few minutes. Definitely the best RP seconds I've ever had and a frikkin steal at $2 per. I'll try and snap a pic if anybody asks for one.
I have smoked quite a few myself, and they are good, except the last two had tight draws. On the last one i said screw this and opened it up. HUGE stem down the entire cigar, oh well can't expect much for 2 bucks a stick.

·
Registered
819 Posts

Ugh, saying 'copious amounts' does not make any sense. It is a pollution of the real definition of copious, which means exacting.

·
aka Silky
2,487 Posts
Ugh, saying 'copious amounts' does not make any sense. It is a pollution of the real definition of copious, which means exacting.
My dictionary and thought patterns say it was a reasonable use
Copious--Large in number or quantity; Affording an abundant supply
Exacting--Having complicated nutritional requirements; especially growing only in special artificial cultures; Severe and unremitting in making demands; Requiring precise accuracy

·
Registered
562 Posts
I've never really been tempted by Famous' e-mail deals, not that good a deal IMO, but their Cigar Monster "w00T clone" frequently gets my business.

The 'seconds' will have draw problems or obviously blemished wrappers, the 'Selects' will just have mild wrapper problems, though after 5 of them I only noticed one with a blemish. A fine smoke at $2 a stick. But then, you can find a LOT of great RP stuff at $2-$3 a stick, including many of their 'firsts'. Comparable in taste and aesthetics to many $5-$10 sticks.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My description was a play on cigar reviewers frequent use of the term 'copious amounts of smoke'. You need to lighten up man...have a cigar and a glass of wine maybe.

As luck would have it, these smokes are back today at www.cigarmonster.com. I can't get some only because I have no place for them to sleep.

·
Registered
995 Posts
My description was a play on cigar reviewers frequent use of the term 'copious amounts of smoke'. You need to lighten up man...have a cigar and a glass of wine maybe.

As luck would have it, these smokes are back today at www.cigarmonster.com. I can't get some only because I have no place for them to sleep.
The ones today aren't the sungrown factory selects, they're just maduros, I wonder what blend they are?

·
LIKES-A da SAUCE!
1,584 Posts
I agree man.. I bought a couple packs of seconds about 7 months ago and I have pretty much let them sit. They are even more excellent now! All I have to do is keep them hidden from my father:ss

·
RIP CS!
4,050 Posts
You could always just go with the Edge off color from Holts.
Or the Edge Knockoffs from Rocky Patel...man is a genius knocking off his own sticks.

As for the SG 2nds, nice info. I really liked the first 2/3 of a RP SG I had. Got hot and bitter at the end so I chucked it. Would be cool to not have to worry about chucking the end of an expensive RP SG.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.