Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be seen as out of order (or may not even be in the right place to post something like this), but I felt compelled to pass something on to everyone...

I'm pretty new here and have been learning a great deal from everyone, and I truly mean everyone, as well as being welcomed in participating in a few trades and passes. Throughout this time, I've been searching and reading through the posts learning about different smokes and the pros and cons of humidors, ISOM's, etc.

Like most newbies, I've been soaking it all in...

I'm sure this won't come as a surprise to most of you, but I quickly began to see a pattern develop as I did my searches...consistently the most informative and helpful posts came from TxMatt. He goes above and beyond the call of duty in posting great information (lists of recommended smokes, great reviews, links to more information, etc.). As a recent example, I've been leaning toward some of the 'shorter' smokes (I find my time somewhat limited and want to make the best of it) and I tried a Brazilia Pirhana (thanks LeafHog!!) and absolutely loved it, so I was looking for some pc recommendations in the search and guess what??!!?? The list provided by TxMatt popped up...not to say that there weren't great recommendations from others, but Matt's list contained about 25 different cigars!!! What a great list to start from...man, I was floored!

TxMatt, thanks from a green newbie for all your help and advice here!

Grizz

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Stop guys, you are embarassing me! (well, OK you can keep it up for a few more pages) :D Thank you very much for the recognition Grizzrider.
the check is in the mail

My mind works in wierd ways; things that interest me I can literally hold catalogs of information. I have ADD big time though so if it doesn't peak my interest I am a total spit bubble blowing short bus passenger.

Add Nicarao's PC to that list. Seangar introduced me to them, what a nice little Nicaraguan stick, good spice, good flavor, nice price.

To all the apes; if I haven't posted it and you don't want to start a thread, PM me your questions. I know there are plenty of other members here willing to do the same.

An extra thanks to you Greg. Although I have butted heads with you and Mike a few times now, I want you to know I know you are looking out for the board and it is why our differences of opinion get heated; we are defending what is dear to us. I am glad you are here and really appreciate the compliment.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Matt's suggestions have opened by eyes to a number of quality inexpensive smokes; for that, my wallet and my wife thank you. The title of "El Cheap Cigar Smoker" (I think that was it) was well-deserved and a complement to your taste buds.

Plus, us Texans have got to stick together :D Remember the Lusitania....I mean Alamo!

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Matt is a knowlege ho around here for sure! He is certainly no slouch in the generosity department either! There probably aren't too many brothers & sisters out there that hasn't seen something from this guy!

Although I do believe this is a Texas conspiracy!? :confused:

·
Registered
734 Posts
txmatt said:
Add Nicarao's PC to that list. Seangar introduced me to them, what a nice little Nicaraguan stick, good spice, good flavor, nice price.
I saw that one in the picture you put up of the things you got from SeanGar. I was waiting on the txmatt seal of approval before adding it to my list. An approval rating from txmatt and SeanGar is hard to beat.

Thanks a bunch to both of you guys!

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
Matt really does know his cigars. I've learned a ton from him and the others here. Great job Matt. Thanks for all your contributions to CS!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
you do give out the info, Matt is a knowlege ho, I really like Matt is a special kind of way..... hmmmmm, are we talking about cigars here??? :r

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
txmatt said:
Stop guys, you are embarassing me! (well, OK you can keep it up for a few more pages) :D Thank you very much for the recognition Grizzrider.
the check is in the mail

My mind works in wierd ways; things that interest me I can literally hold catalogs of information. I have ADD big time though so if it doesn't peak my interest I am a total spit bubble blowing short bus passenger.

To all the apes; if I haven't posted it and you don't want to start a thread, PM me your questions. I know there are plenty of other members here willing to do the same.

An extra thanks to you Greg. Although I have butted heads with you and Mike a few times now, I want you to know I know you are looking out for the board and it is why our differences of opinion get heated; we are defending what is dear to us. I am glad you are here and really appreciate the compliment.
Are you 3 gonna kiss?? If so, I'm getting Jim in here with his prescription thong, and just gonna have :pu fest. Ok honey cue up the Notebook, ok everybody all together now :pu

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Thanks Klugs for the disturbing visual of you and Matt! :pu Can we let the Jim and his thong thing fade from memory quickly?! :pu Keep up the good work Matt.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I used to say really nice things about txmatt til one day I looked up & saw him peeking in my bathroom window while I was readin' the paper. :rolleyes:

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
kansashat said:
I used to say really nice things about txmatt til one day I looked up & saw him peeking in my bathroom window while I was readin' the paper. :rolleyes:
All of a sudden the prescription thong visual isn't so bad. gee thanks Alan.... :r :pu

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.