Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got up Saturday morning to several new inches of snow. It was beautiful. My wife and I did some indoor projects and listened to Christmas music. It quit snowing about 1pm so I decide to go clean the driveway so we could leave and go to a Christmas party. When we opened out garage door we saw these tire tracks and path cut thru the snow.

To clarify, our driveway comes out from the end of the house and curves before going straight to the road, about 170 feet. A neighbor attempting to be nice had driven his farm style tractor over with a drag blade on it to scrape our drive. The only problem is with 10 inches of new snow he didn't know where our drive was that he turned too soon and scraped a path down my front yard to the road. He missed my drive by about 10 to 12 feet. Rolled up sod with the snow. Sooooooo....
I not only had to clean my driveway but I had to try and put the sod back and cover it back up with snow. If you uncover grass that has snow on it and then the roots freeze, it will kill it. The snow insulates the grass. So I spent and extra hour trying to put all the snow and sod back.

This is the only time anyone has ever attempted to do anything nice for me and they screwed it up.:p

I can't get too mad at them, they were trying to be nice but I don't need that kind of help. I will have to fix it when spring gets here.

·
Registered
756 Posts
my pop used to do the same thing. plow the neighbors driveways to be "helpful". he was blind in one eye, and not too great in the other. each year a new group of neighbors would tell him, "thanx, but no thanx" cause he would rip up turf along side the drive and sidewalks.

i know you don't think so right now, but mine if a really funny story to tell about my pop.

jimmy

·
Registered
283 Posts
That sucks rkt, didn't sound like the neighbor felt bad about it at all, either...

or was it jimmy's blind uncle? :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
No good deed goes unpunished.
Whether you do it or someone does it to you.
Suck up the spring repair and then put up some stakes or reflectors and let the neighbor get his "feel good" for helping you out. When he sees where your drive really is he may offer to help out fixing the boo-boo.
Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.