Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought too many cigars and I need to store about 25 of my cigars for a couple of weeks so I don't have to buy another humidor. I went through and selected my least favorite sticks to make room for my latest episode of lost self control. I see where you guys use Tupperware, do I use a cheap humidifier and just put it in the Tupperware? What about mold, bugs etc? Don't you need to have Spanish Cedar?

·
Registered
467 Posts
You can just put in a piece of florist foam in a plastic bag if you do not have another humidifying disc.
Make sure you burp the tupperware (open it) every couple days as tupperware seals air tight.
If you have a piece of cedar from a cigar box it can't hurt but not needed.

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
If it's just going to be for a couple of weeks you can use a humidifier in the tupperware if you have an extra humidifier. If not, just dampen (not soak) a paper towel with distilled water, and put that in the tupperware in its own plastic bag. Spanish cedar is nice, but not a requirement. If you have a spare block or spacer from an empty box you could throw that in.

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LeafHog said:
If not, just dampen (not soak) a paper towel with distilled water, and put that in the tupperware in its own plastic bag.
Just for clarification, if I use a ziplock for humidification, is the bag left unzipped?

·
X Canadian
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll find Tupperware big enough to hold an empty cedar cigar box, put the smokes in the box, the box in the Tupperware and the humidifier in the bag and I should be good to go.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I built a "coolidoor" with a small Igloo cooler, lined the bottom with a piece of cedar and put it a small disc of Oasis oam with 50/50 and a small Hygrometer. After about 2 days it settled down to 68% and has stayed there since for 4 weeks now.

Now if I could get my wooden humi' to do that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.