Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Te Amo cigars get a lot of negative press on most boards that I read.

I think the Te Amo maduro is a very good cigar. I like the Robusto. I buy them from JR in the wooden box of 10. A lot of folks don't like these at all. I don't care for the Anniversarios with the H2000 wrapper.

I smoked a couple of Meditations with the EMS wrapper and they were not anywhere near as good as the robusto maduros.

Anyone else have any comments on Te Amo?

:u :u :u :u

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have not had good luck with them. I tried the Anniversary a couple of years ago and they were bad. I have had a couple of others that I didn't like to well so. I don't remember what they were, not worth remembering. I just don't buy them anymore.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You're on the best of the Te-Amo line in my opinion. The natural wrapper on that size is pretty good too.

All the other sizes I have tried are pretty stinky. They're so one dimensional if you know what I mean. No complex flavors here.

If you enjoy them, then smoke 'em. Worry not what others say.
Everyone's taste is different.

·
Registered
132 Posts
merlin- i like an occasional te amo maduro cigar also. they have a certain 'rough', earthy sort of taste that is a good change of pace.

·
Registered
369 Posts
After seeing this thread I had to go out and buy a box. The price was certainly right! Under $20!

Though I didn't smoke my first one under ideal conditions (cold and windy that day), and the cigar it self was only about 3 months old, I thought it was a good smoke. Particularly at that price.

I used to shy away from Te Amos, having had a couple of bad experiences. Thanks to you folks I'm looking forward to reaching for another of these.

·
Test Subject
2,645 Posts
Tried the Te Amo line a few times and was not impressed. Did not try the maduro. The next time I'm at the cigar shop I might buy one and see if things have changed.........

Jerry in Minnesota.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:u I was surprised to see my old thread pop up again.

I bought a box last year to smoke on my annual trek to Helen, Georgia in December. I recently ordered another box to smoke in December of 04. JR screwed up and sent two boxes (shhhh!) so I now have my treats for 05 as well.

I like that earthy, grassy taste as a change of pace.:u

1 - 7 of 7 Posts