MSRP: $8.00

Size: 6 x 50

DTG: 210215COCT11

Weather: 62F

Cut Choice: Xikar Punch

Lighter Choice: Ronson

Drink Choice: Water

Music Choice: O.A.R.

Pre-Light thoughts: I'm excited to try a new regular production Tatuaje. When I learned that it was the same blend as the famed T110, I became very excited. The initial inspection of the cigar left me very impressed. Very solid construction, a great smell of espresso from the foot, and a good amount of spice in the back of the throat from the pre-light draw left me eager to light this cigar.

The Light: (+1) No issues at all with lighting. The Ronson continues to perform very well with minimal maintenance.

First third: (+1) The typical Pepin Garcia pepper was apparent right from the beginning. The pepper trailed off slightly and left some good notes of leather and wood. The cigar is full bodied from the start.

Second third: (+.75) The second third continued with the same flavor profile of the first third but the peppery spice had trailed off a little more and was mostly noticeable as a tickle in the nose. The strength of the cigar remains full but is not as in your face full as the first third.

Final third: (+1) Bursts of pepper returned in the final third along with a coffee note replacing the woody notes noticed previously. The strength picked up some and was very apparent on the nub.

Draw/Burn: (+.75) Not quite a razor sharp burn, but very balanced and consistent. The punch cutter I used really helped deliver a nice tight draw that I like. The ash seemed to hold on nicely for about an inch at a time and required a light rolling in the tray to remove.

Overall: (4.5/5) This cigar hit all of the notes that I really enjoyed from the Tatuaje Havanna (Red Label) line. Plenty of spice, good solid tobacco flavor, great construction and burn firmly solidifies my status as a Tatuaje customer. A little more expensive than the Red Line and less expensive than the Black Line this is a very welcome addition to their regular production line up and I see a box purchase on the horizon. I may sample the different vitolas to see if there is one that I prefer to another. Typically, I prefer robustos, but the 90 minutes I spent on the toro was a good return on my investment.

· ENIGMA
5,867 Posts
Thanks for the review Thom! I don't think I ever bothered looking for similarities between the Fausto and Havana VI because the Fausto supposedly shares it's past with the T110. Now I'm going to have to smoke a Nobles and see if I can pick anything up.

· Registered
931 Posts
Great review. This was an interesting cigar to me. It was recommended by a associate at Holts because i love spicy cigars, and Pepin Cigars so this made sense.

I swore this cigar tasted like a Jalapeno Pepper pretty much the whole time. It was creamy at times but there was a lingering Jalapeno flavor that i couldnt get past.

· Registered
347 Posts
I'm smoking my first Fausto a robusto extra right now and I must say while full in body, it's a heavy smoke, I really don't have any of the jalapeno or pepper that I was expecting. Very rich and full in flavor but I would like some more of the spice. I'm only into the first third so I'll prob update as I go along. So far I would love to have these as a a staple in the humidor, I think even if I don;t get anymore pepper the flavorand body is very cuban-esque. Its a very rich flavor cigar and I like that.

· Intergalactic Hussy
2,217 Posts
Nice review. I have one resting in the humi and will probably take it for a test drive this weekend. I've never had a T110 which is what the Fausto blend is supposed to be based on, but word of mouth is very positive.

BTW, I have that same ashtray coming in the mail soon. I got it for a steal on Cbid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.