Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All! I dunno if you folks have these stores in your area, but both T.J. MAX and MARSHALL's (owned by the same company) have these little "men's" sections that feature such manly things as bike tire pumps, binoculars, AND HUMIDORS! I just went there this afternoon to bring back some pants that didn't fit (DAMN YOU TASTY TASTY CHEESE!) and lo and behold, there was a wee metal travel humidor (which holds eight cigars up to Churchill length, and came with a nice cutter and storage tube) for $19.95. I snagged that right up (who needs pants?!).

This isn't the first time I've seen great deals on cigar related stuff there. I got a snazzy 50 count humidor with a nice dark cherry finish for the same price late last year.

So, if you have one near by, make sure you drop in!! It sure as hell beat the $49.00 bucks I paid for my stupid little 20 count one!! :c

·
Registered
374 Posts
Good to know - now they'll be getting a run on humidors and start to raise the prices.... They do have tons of random junk in there as well - a flea market shoppers type of store. I get dragged in there (TJ Maxx or Ross) about twice a year looking for "values on name-brand purses". I'll spend my time in the humidor section next time. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, my wife goes there for shoes and such! The "manly" crap section is usually stacked up near the men's underwear and hats. They've got all sorts of closeout stuff from other store (like Pier 1) and catalogue places. Hell, I actually look forward to going there more often than not, as they've usually got some silly thing or another, from African masks to martini sets! ;)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thanks, I think I'll ask my wife to go shopping.

She'll probably have me commited :)

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
I've been in a few TJ Maxxs before and never noticed those things. I will definitely have another look at the store in town. Havn't been in a while so they might have gotten new stock. Thanks for the tip. :)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's definitely a hit or miss sort of adventure, and, if they have 'em, they'll be stacked in that area with all of the "indoor golf mats" and home weather stations, ie; all the crap woman have no interest in. :D

At Christmas, the TJ Maxx in the big mall a coupla towns over had an actual variety of humidors, while the one in my town had nothing. So you have to be diligent! :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was Christmas shopping last year with the wife and we went to TJ Max and they had a 50ct. but it had been thrown around quite a bit it was cracked and broke...lol..will have to go back and check them out again :z

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.