Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Bayou Bengal of Jungle
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was suprised at work today when the guy that owns the jewelry store nextdoor came by. We were talking about his dad's new car that the son has been driving. He mentioned his dad (a jeweler) goes to S. America two weeks a month. Jokingly I asked next time he goes if he could grab me a couple of cubans. Next thing I know he says he has some at the shop and he'd give me a couple. Come to find out...they were co-owners of the local B&M a few years back but sold out to the other co-owners. Real nice guy, glad to find a person like him. Not sure what they are as they have no wrapper but he is a man of his word. Here are a couple of pics. Im nervous to try one, he said it was "the real deal" and "will put a hurtin on ya." I will prolly smoke the lighter colored one sooner or later and send the dark one out in the NST. What do you guys think, is there any way of telling what these may be?

· Registered
150 Posts
Well, can't tell you a brand...
However...if you could give some measurements that could help. How long are they? What's the ring gauge (diameter)?

I ask because those look like proportions different from your typical production campanas (5.5 inches x 52 ring) and pyramimds (6 1/8 x 52)

Ring gauge is measure in 1/64 fractions of an inch. Meaning a 32 ring is half an inch in diameter and a 64 ring is an inch in diameter.

· Bayou Bengal of Jungle
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to the guy today and he said he isnt completely sure but they are probably cohibas

Length is 6 or 6 1/8 inches
Diameter is 3/4 inch

any idea?

· Registered
5,048 Posts
carbonbased_al said:
Fauxhibas perhaps :r
Mbraud4 sent me one of these in the Newbie Sampler Trade and this was my first thought as well. The cigar looks fairly well made, is a tad longer than a Montecristo #2, and has a cap that I've never seen on a pyramid before.

Anybody ever see a pigtail cap on a pyramid before?

Mike, I'll smoke it soon and let you know what I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.