Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
jimmy said:
from my experience with the fancy cohibas (glossy box with cardboard outer box), the stamp can be on either box or i have heard both.
jimmy
:tpd:
Those in the varnished, non-slide top boxes will often come in a cardboard box of some type with the code on the bottom of the cardboars box. (i.e. Esplendido, Lancero, Corona Especial, DC EL)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
For what its worth, I have a date code on the bottom (Oct 04) and if memory serves, that was also stamped on the cardboard outer wrap.

·
Pickin a Winner!
1,193 Posts
Deege is funny.
For sure it can be either or both, but the goal at Habanos is to definitely stamp the cardboard box above all else. Sometimes the cedar box is stamped as well, but you would likely never find one that wasn't at least stamped on the CardBdBox. Now, that will be one Sublime, shipped to me at :
nah, just kidding.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Da Klugs said:
Do the box codes on these typically get imprinted on the cardboard wrapper as opposd to the bottom of the box? For example GKl Oct 04.
On Cohibas in general ( not just Sublimes ) they are always stamped on the bottom of the box. Cardboard or no cardboard. I have never seen a variance. Now, I don't have the sublimes in a box, so I can't say for sure on those.

:w

1 - 14 of 14 Posts