Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently unable to view the cigar review page from work...yet I can see the forums. Weird. Anyway, I am calling on the expertise of the fine gorillas here for some suggestions in the mild to medium flavor/body range to pick up on the way home today. About $6 or less. Again, I do apologize, but I am unable to see the $6 review on top25cigar.com from work. :(

I remember the Flor de Olivas and the Padron 2000M, but what else is suggested?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Try the Carlos Torano Exodu 1959 Silver edition. Criollo Wrapper Mild and sweet real good.

Also the Torano Signature. A little more on the medium side but a smooth Brazillian Wrapper good flavor again.

Romeo and Julliet Reserva Real. Real mild but a lot of smoke and good flavor.

There are a lot more that the other BoTL's will recommend to ya. But if your a newby that should hold ou for a weekend.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to find the Flor de Olivas, the Padron 2000M, and the Reserva Real from Romeo y Julieta. The FdO wasn't too bad, but it got um.."acrid", I guess, towards the end. I tried the purging method I read about on here, but that didn't seem to help. I bought two since they were cheap, so I'll try it again later. The purge method did help with a Baccarat I smoked though.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
1) Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sungrown $3.50 - $5 retail. A very tasty little smoke.

2) C.A.O. - anything they make I have liked. I prefer more flavor than the gold line has, and the Extreme is a bit too extreme for me to smoke regularly. My favorites from CAO currently are the Criollo Pampa, Brazillia Gol, and MX2 Rob. The Italia line is very good and I think it will be exceptional with some age on it. Since the Italias are new to market none of them are going to have any more age than what CAO did at the factory.

3) Padron X000 series (I buy 2000 and 3000 because I am cheap). Most people prefer Padron's Maduros to their naturals, especially in the lower priced ones.

4) Sancho Panza Double Maduro - I love this cigar, my new cheap maduro favorite. In retail stores they sell for $3.50 each usually (Quixote Robusto size), but when you buy them online by the box they end up running less than other company's bundles and seconds: $42/20 sticks shipped! WooHoo

5) Cupido - A harder to find brand but I always recommend these to new smokers because they have significantly less nicotene than other cigars and they also lack much of the strong peppery flavor that doesn't appeal to most new smokers. I like the "knuckle" and "torpito" sizes.

Matt

·
Registered
949 Posts
I notice that I get an acrid taste if a cigar is either to wet or sometimes to dry. I am not sure why either.

Now Remember the FdO's are about $1 to $1.80 a piece, So if you can only get to the 2 inch mark then for me that was enough.

But I have not had that experience with the FdO's. Well i should say I have not had an FdO get acrid to the point where it was not able to be fixed with a purge. Did you purge multiple times. Some time you purge than purge again and it helps a lot.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got another, so I will try a double purge next time. It might be a bit dry as well. I read about how to test my hygrometer, so I will be doing that as well to get a proper reading. thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.