Cigar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning smoke. I've heard several times recently the mention of a mild cigar being a 'good morning smoke'. I must be crazy, because I happen to like my first of the day to be real strong with a good cup of black coffee. By late evening I'll want milder smokes to go to bed on.

am I the only one?

·
Registered
585 Posts
i like progressive buildup over the day, mild smokes don't do anything for me. i smoked a griffith my fiance' got me and literally smoked double ligero back to back cause it was so bland

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Well, I think it depends. Do you want to jump start your day with nitro glycerine or ease into it with OJ and bagels? If you wake up and have a Joya de Nicaragua Anteno churchill and an espresso, you are going to be juiced out of your gourd and will probably need to convalesce for some time afterward. I find that my palate is more sensitive in the morning and prefer medium to medium-full bodied smokes. It is just too early to go balls out. But if that's your thing then rock on!:w
SB

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know what you mean hogg. In the morning i can hardly taste anything at all. My morning smoke is usually VERY strong just so i can taste it. Actually i prefer my morning smoke to be a Lars. That way i KNOW i'll taste something.

Vic

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Only been smoking cigars a little over a year now, I think they may be addictive! Here is my chronological 1 year progression chart.

Sept. 2002, No cigars before 1:00 PM
Nov. 2002, No cigars before 10:30 AM ( mild to med. bodied only)
Dec. 2002, No cigars before 10:30 AM ( strong domestic, OK)
Jan. 2003, No cigars before 10:00 AM ( full strength, fine)
Mar. 2003, No cigars before 9:30 AM ( full strength, great)
Apr. 2003, No cigars before 9:30 AM ( Habanos, OK!)
June 2003, No cigars before 8:30 AM (anyfrickingthing goes)
Oct. 2003, Work starts @ 6:00 AM ( Smoking sign is ON!)

Damn! That morning cigar that grossed me out a year ago is now one of my favorites!
:w

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
:D :cool: :p :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't really care for the mild smokes at all. I prefer Padrons, CAO Brazilias, HdM Excals, etc. I did try a Montecristo a while back and while it was a nice cigar, the flavor just wasn't there for me. So yes, I know what you mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts