Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mile from my home (Woodstock, GA) I heard that a new upscale bar/restaurant will be opening Monday night. So I stopped by yesterday afternoon to see if this was true.

The owner was there as workers were putting the finishing touches on the place. I asked him if it was true that his place would be cigar friendly. His reply: "Not only is my establishment going allow cigar smoking, we'll encourage cigar smokers to make it their #1 choice to come and enjoy themselves. There will be a cigar ashtray for every seat at the bar and for every table on the outdoor patio. All our bartenders will be supplied with cutters and lighters for the patrons."

I then asked him if he was prepared for the bitchers, moaners and whiners who will come in and inevitably complain about the cigars. His answer: "We will politely inform them that this is a cigar friendly bar. That we owners have made this decision because is our right to run our business as we see fit. And, if they still complain, we will politely suggest they take their business elsewhere."

This guy is my new HERO!!!
:D :u

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Sounds worth checking out. I think I have I have a business trip to Atlanta in the next few months. What's the name of the place?

G

·
It's great to hear that people can run their 'own' business as they see fit. There too few places like that and you need to help support the small guys that add value to the smoking experence to compete the big internet houses.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
This guy IS my hero!

I'll have to go there next time in in GA. What's the name of the place.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The name of the place is Stonebridge Tavern.

Location: On Eagle Drive, about 1 and 1/2 miles west of I-575 (get off on Exit 8) in Woodstock, GA. It's in a small strip center at the corner of Eagle Drive and Putnam Ford Drive.

Owner's name is B.K.

Anyone coming this way, drop me a line. If I'm in town, we'll smoke a few there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts