Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm new to cigars and wanted to ask a question about storing them with out a humidor. I had asked a question about the powerhouse offer and getting a collection of cigars to see what i liked, but from the replys I got back im not going to do it. Instead im going to just go to my local shop and buy a bunch. I was wondering how to store them. Should I put them all in one bagie, or put each one in a seperate bagie, or not at all. I figured it would be good in a bagie but I dont know anything anyway....

ps. THANks for the reply on my powerhouse offer thread guys.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Get a small tupperware container.

When you go to the local cigar shop get a old ciar box sometime they sell them sometime they will give them away to a newby with questions. In the short term get 1 or 2 drymistat tubes. 1 is good for about 25 cigars.

Cut the cedar from the cigar box and put it in the tupperware container. Prepare the drymistat tube and put it in the tupperware container. Then add your cigars. They should keep well for a while.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well baggies are okay if it is just a short term likely a day or so and they should seal tight, check out the local shop to see if they have a club that stores cigars for their clientelle or check out their humidor selection. A lot of the guys that have been here longer will have some other suggestions as well. This is a great resource I read alot of the threads and learn tons. They might be alot more helpful.

Now I have a question to piggyback on this one.
I will be watching the response for feed back as well. I have a 75 ct. humidor and lost the dividers so I have a hodge podge of cigars in there loosely separated. Was wondering if in the mean time if I separated the cigar by ziploc bags would work, not in the ziploc in the humidor but the ziploc under and inbetween the different brands of cigars. Just to let you know the types as the strengths vary---
Cohiba Esplendidos -20
Fonesca Consacos -13
Montecristo No. 1 -2
Trindidad Fund -3
F.Correnti 1/2 Coronas 7 ( local Toronto made cigars)
R & J petit cornas -3

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Butch said:
Now I have a question to piggyback on this one.
I will be watching the response for feed back as well. I have a 75 ct. humidor and lost the dividers so I have a hodge podge of cigars in there loosely separated. Was wondering if in the mean time if I separated the cigar by ziploc bags would work, not in the ziploc in the humidor but the ziploc under and inbetween the different brands of cigars. Just to let you know the types as the strengths vary---
I don't bother separating cigars one from another even though they have different strengths, but I wouldn't mix maduros with lighter wrappers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.