Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two weeks ago I set up a coolidor and brought the humidity up to 74, removed the oaisis, put in empty boxes until the RH settled in around 68 then added smokes. So far I have two boxes of singles, a box of LVH, the freebie Giesperts and two other empty wooden boxes that have been in there. The RH is steady at 64 and the temp is at 65. Everything sounds perfect. Here is the wierd part.

I have no humidification device in there, havent had one in there since I first removed it. I cant figure out how the humidity is staying steady. I have a digital therm and hygrometer which have been checked for calibration. Ive been smoking the sticks and they are perfectly humidified, but Im just puzzled as to why this is occuring. Any ideas? Maybe its the new sticks Ive been adding, maybe the weather (its been a bit humid and rainy) or maybe its just a really good seal on the cooler. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
916 Posts
It's probably just the weather, the conditions in your house and the area where you have the cooler stored, like you said. Personally, I'd feel better about having some kind of humidification; beads, foam, etc... to compensate for changes that could come about, but if it's perfect, and your smokes taste, feel fine then I wouldn't worry about it. Until you see the temp rise, RH fall, etc...just my .2! :ms

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
jmgcash3 said:
It's probably just the weather, the conditions in your house and the area where you have the cooler stored, like you said. Personally, I'd feel better about having some kind of humidification; beads, foam, etc... to compensate for changes that could come about, but if it's perfect, and your smokes taste, feel fine then I wouldn't worry about it. Until you see the temp rise, RH fall, etc...just my .2! :ms
Couldn't agree more. I think the weather is the biggest factor. I couldn't get away with that on the best of days since Colorado is an arid climate. Enjoy the fact that it is so stable, but think about adding some beads. IMHO, the best protection against over or under humidification are beads, and should allow for some peace of mind over the long haul. I finally ordered some just yesterday for my coolidor and larger humidors because I'm tired of the fluctuation associated with weather, or the spikes in Rh after a fresh recharge of the standard humidifiers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.