Cigar Forums banner

Special Occasion Smoke?

709 views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  viesturs 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm FINALLY going to get to smoke a couple of great ones from a couple of bombs received a while back (thanks you awesome gorillas-you know who you are)

What to pick? This is going to be a really awesome weekend and I'm needing a great experience... what should it be? I prefer the medium to fuller-bodied cigars (usually robusto size)

What I'm not getting around to is what do you all smoke for special occasions?

#3 ·
I have a special occasion coming up that I am finally going to smoke the 1st and only ISOM that I have. It was gifted form a fellow BOTL here and I have been looking forward to it since it arrived here. Special day BTW is my 5yr anni at the current job (most last less than 3 where I work.)

#4 ·
Enjoy your smoke Redman, I hope its good to you.

My theory, being a relative newb, is that every day that I smoke an ISOM is a special occasion. Being that most of my smokes have started to become ISOM's I guess everyday is a great special day.

Life is all good :D

#5 ·
At one point for about 2-4 years, I'm horrible with perception of time, I was smoking 3 cigars a day. Now I don't have the time and I would probably pass out, but My all time favorite cigar is the ISOM HDM Double Corona. It's such a large cigar I wait for special occasions, i.e. like I finished unloading the dishwasher, or filled my car up with gas...J/K.

#7 ·
No rhyme or reason here. Usually a special smoke is a smoke that I have positive memories with. My daughter and I spoke for two hours while I enjoyed a well aged RAG and that cigar will always be in my humi and will always be special to me.

#8 ·
i only have 2 special cigars

monte #3 - this was the cigar i was going to give my dad early last year the next time i saw him.. then he had many strokes and various other problems. so, i plan to always have some on hand, then i can smoke one on his b-day and one the day he died.

VR DAs from April 00 - that's the month my son was born. so, whenever there's a special day for him, i will smoke a cigar, like on his B-day, graduating HS, or something cool like that. also, there should be enough left over in the box so he and I can both have 1 on his 18th b-day.

other than that, i try to have cigars that i know will be good, and i won't be disappointed at any time, making every cigar special.

i know that doesn't help, give me a 0 on this essay question.

#9 ·
I'm a newly converted Cuban fiend, so now my special occasion smoke would be a VR Famoso or a PSD4. The problem is that I just started smoking these on Thursday and haven't stopped. I'm not confident they'll last until a special occasion, unless something really great happens in the next two weeks. :hn

#10 ·
Trinidad Fundadore. But given that I've been smoking quite a few recently I guess I'm going to have to change my super special occasion smoke. Might have to go drop 50 grand on a box of Davidoff Chateau Lafites. :al

Churchlady said:
Ok, I'm FINALLY going to get to smoke a couple of great ones from a couple of bombs received a while back (thanks you awesome gorillas-you know who you are)

What to pick? This is going to be a really awesome weekend and I'm needing a great experience... what should it be? I prefer the medium to fuller-bodied cigars (usually robusto size)

What I'm not getting around to is what do you all smoke for special occasions?

#12 ·
My philosophy about saving ANYTHING for a special occasion is DON"T - You could die going out the door tomorrow or on your way home from work or get sent to Iraq and all that great stuff you got hidden for a 'special time' goes to some other poor fool. Live everyday as if it's the last and smoke the best cigar you can to celebrate living another day......just MHO :D

#13 ·
Navydoc said:
My philosophy about saving ANYTHING for a special occasion is DON"T - You could die going out the door tomorrow or on your way home from work or get sent to Iraq and all that great stuff you got hidden for a 'special time' goes to some other poor fool. Live everyday as if it's the last and smoke the best cigar you can to celebrate living another day......just MHO :D
Amen to that. When I smoke, I open the humi and pick whatever strikes my fancy at the time. If it's a $5 smoke or a $30 smoke so be it.

#14 ·
IHT said:
i only have 2 special cigars

monte #3 - this was the cigar i was going to give my dad early last year the next time i saw him.. then he had many strokes and various other problems. so, i plan to always have some on hand, then i can smoke one on his b-day and one the day he died.
Damn man - my post is totally off topic, but I wanted to say sorry to hear about that. What a good way to remember him - my condolences to you.

#15 ·
My special occassion cigar would have to be the Cohiba Lancero. :w

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.