Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Thursday I ordered a box of Butera Royal Vintage Bravo Corto's from Habana Premium Cigar Shoppe in Albany, NY for $94.99. That was the best price I had seen on the net for that cigar.
The salesman mentioned that they had recently started stocking the LGC Serie R & inquired if I would like to try one. I hadn't smoked the Serie R yet, believe it or not, & added a #4 maduro to my order for $5.
The shipping (regular ground) was $6.95 & I recieved it today.
When I opened the box I found that the packing materials included newspaper, an air pillow & this big rolled up piece of foam. I unrolled the foam & a cigar bag contained my LGC #4 in pristine condition. The foam is 1/2" & measures approx. 12x18". The Butera's are in excellent condition also, with beautifully shiny CTS wrappers. On top of this, there was 3 boxes of matches included.
I have checked them out a bit further & note that they sell singles, 5 packs, 10 packs & boxes. They also stock Padron '64's by the single, 5 pack & box.

I was pleased with my shipment & hope to do some future business with these guys.

www.pipesandcigars.com.

800-494-9144 :u

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I haven't smoked a Butera in years! They used to be my Sunday morning with coffee and newspaper smoke.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Yeah! Thanks for the head's up. :)

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Thurm15 said:
I work with one of thier Employees.
Doesn't that make you one of their employees? :D

I am pretty new to buying stogies on-line, but I made one of my first purchases here (A box of Cuesta Reys), and their service was excellent.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just smoked a Butera yesterday after an extra 4 months of age & I must say this cigar is coming along nicely. It has actually gained some strength in the last third of a year & reminds me a bit of a somewhat stronger RyJ Vintage. There was a hint of a papery quality before that is gone now too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.