Cigar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
I would tend to favor the Apple device. Until IBM sold off their laptop division to Lenovo, I always carried a thinkpad for my notebook. After IBM sold off their laptop division, I went thru a series of other laptops before I started with the Apple MacBook Pro (After they got Intel Chips). The build quality on the Apple laptops is the close to IBM quality as I have found. (Hardware wise.) Early on, I never booted into Apple OSX, using my notebook mainly in Windows XP. In recent times, I run Mac OSX with virtual editions of XP, Vista, 7 and 8 loaded for support purposes.

Android Galaxy S2 8)

GREAT PHONE!! Have yet to have a single problem and it is very user friendly and dont need to be supertechsavy guy to use it and its apps.

No bugs to worry bout that I know of or that Ive had either.

Android Galaxy S2 8)

GREAT PHONE!! Have yet to have a single problem and it is very user friendly and dont need to be supertechsavy guy to use it and its apps.

No bugs to worry bout that I know of or that Ive had either.
If you are talking specific models of Samsung, that one is one of the best. However, until Samsung either forks the droid OS or quits toying with the idea, if you don't have to get a new phone, probably best to wait six months before leaping. (Of course, I am probably not the best authority since I still carry a tough phone............)

I have both an IPhone 4(that I use for business) and a Droid Pro(that I use for personal use). Yes apple can be a bit restrictive on their products and may lack some features, like the near field communication(the ads where they put phones back to back and transfer files), but my IPhone is much more reliable and much more stable.

Samsung Galaxy S2 from US cellular the specific model of it. I think its great. I had 2 smartphones before this and they were ehh!! not great difficult to do things on them.

This is a good size!!! not too small not too big, not too thin not too thick.

Samsung Galaxy S2 from US cellular the specific model of it. I think its great. I had 2 smartphones before this and they were ehh!! not great difficult to do things on them.

This is a good size!!! not too small not too big, not too thin not too thick.
Hi Mason,

You have US cellar up where you are? That is my carrier down here and the main reason I have not been tempted by an iPhone (Since they do not offer it). In my area, they have the best coverage of anyone and Iphone on the other carriers down here would be worthless in some of the areas I travel into regularly.

BEST COVERAGE OF ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no doubt about that.

Yes sir, up in Wisconsin we have US cellular.

My family and myself have had US cell as far back as when they were Cellular 1.

BEST COVERAGE OF ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no doubt about that.

Yes sir, up in Wisconsin we have US cellular.

My family and myself have had US cell as far back as when they were Cellular 1.
I have had them forever also. When work put my first analog cell phone from them in my truck, I thought it was a joke. I went out and here was this handset wired into my dash. That seems like a lifetime ago. But one thing has not changed they are by far the best coverage in my area.

HAHAHA im WAY to young to remember old phones like that!! :rotfl:

Ive been on many Road Trips for college baseball and travel baseball (Canada, Florida, Kentucky, New York, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania) and...guess what??

I had plenty of coverage/service while other teammates were mad cuz they had none or very little. Most of them had AT&T and Verizon.

I'm old school. I'm rarely more than 10 miles from wifi. Use an ipad1, & a Tracfone. But my jacket has 23 pockets, one of which was designed to hold an iPad.

Scottevest.com

No affiliation, just really happy with my 23 pocket jacket. They make various items loaded with pockets & don't look clunky. Each day, they offer a particular item for 20% off.

Dunno if discounts can be stacked (or if the Xmas code "HOHO20" is still valid).

Channels built in to route earbuds. Can carry a beverage, snacks, cigars & gear, iPad, a few magazines, phone, radio, still have unused pockets.

I really like mine.

Joe

HAHAHA im WAY to young to remember old phones like that!! :rotfl:

Ive been on many Road Trips for college baseball and travel baseball (Canada, Florida, Kentucky, New York, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania) and...guess what??

I had plenty of coverage/service while other teammates were mad cuz they had none or very little. Most of them had AT&T and Verizon.
Yeah, phones like that are relics of the past. I have never been anywhere that I did not have coverage. Things were a little spotty during the Analog to Digital change over, but I still had better coverage with USC than anyone else had with other carriers. USC is the only carrier in my area that covers 95% of the outer banks.

Amen to that George!!

If I went anywhere in Wisconsin Im sure I would have plenty of service to make calls, text, tweet, etc. with no problems.
To sort of tie our slight detour on the thread back to the main subject, I think what we have been saying in this little side thread is that the carrier matters much more than the choice of phone. Neither of us would change from our carrier to get an iPhone. On our carrier (USC) their is the option of the Samsung Galaxy which is the best smartphone relative to our carrier.

I'm an iPhone user getting ready to switch myself. Before getting iPhones, I used mostly the old Windows Mobile phones. They required non stop tinkering and daily reboots to keep them running. Fiddled with Blackberry. I loved the keyboard and the messaging was great, but it just couldnt hang with the other smartphones at the time. Had a brief flirtation with an Android phone, bad experience, but that was due more to the hardware than the software. Had a couple of iPhones (and other iOS devices), curretly using a Verizon iPhone 4. Pros are it never really needs any tinkering, they just work right out of the box. Doesnt matter if you're a 3 year old, a 103 year old, or whatever, pick it up and you will have it figured out in minutes. But iOS has gotten stale, and the once innovative iPhone is now just playing catchup with Android and Windows Phone 8. I'm probably going to go with a Galaxy S3, but if Nokia releases their Lumia 920 for Verizon, I may give that a chance.

I just recently switched from an Android to the iPhone 5 and I can't wait to go back to an Android. Its not that the iPhone is a bad phone. Its OK and does what its asked to do, but I don't like the limitations on modification. I "Rooted" my android making it a super powerful device. As of yet there is no Jailbreak for the iPhone 5, so maybe when that's available it will change my mind.

Marcm15: its almost here!!! I've been waiting for this JB SOOOO BAD!

planetbeing and pod2g are there basically done. They need like 1 more thing and its finished.

it really does make the iPhone incredibly better.

I own/use both the iPhone and Droid (HTC One S).
It all boils down to personal preference.
One advantage to the Droid, it has more free apps.
As far as function, I like them equally.

The Apple product that I use constantly (even making this post) is the iPad.
IMO, that's a "can't live without" product!
In all fairness, I've never tried a windows based pad, they may be just as good or better.

Honestly no. The iPhone is very stable, and while Android is open source the one I had before the switch constantly was crashing apps. Wasn't good when trying to make it "mine" when apps would close and revert back. It's a great concept but the open source killed it imo.

I agree with Jeremy Howard, at least in the earlier days when Android and its open source was in its infancy. The Android has improved by leaps and bounds over the years, and devices like the Samsung Note II are actually very usable, provided the hardware is fast enough to keep it running at optimum speeds.

I recently migrated from the iPhone 4 to the Samsung, and while I enjoy using my new Android device very much, I have to admit that the iOS is still more stable and user-friendly in many ways. I would still recommend the iPhone to anyone looking to upgrade to a smartphone.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.