Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these are not from my recent box, but from a fugazi i purchased locally last month. there are several differences in the gold leaf, elevation of imprint(fake has none) rows of squares, and even a misprint in black.

hope this is a usefull resource for you guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
So are they both fake or just the one... cause one is worse than the other.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Now the top is real and the bottom is fake? Quit confusing us :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can tell the real from the fake in 4 ways. The raised lettering on the real band, the 3 white squares above the Cohiba name on the real band, the misprint on the black on the fake and of course the torn band on the real band. They use some kickass glue on those bands! I gave up trying to pull mine apart! :r

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you compare the band on the CA article to the one in these pictures you'll see a lot of differences, which leads me to believe that the band on CA's website is an old version. I'm sure the more experienced guys here can give more info.

·
Registered
200 Posts
TomN said:
If you compare the band on the CA article to the one in these pictures you'll see a lot of differences, which leads me to believe that the band on CA's website is an old version. I'm sure the more experienced guys here can give more info.
Correct, the info at CA is in regard to the band used for the past few years. This is a new version of the Cohiba band.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just received a shipment of Siglo VI's and the bands match the top picture to the "T". I hope this verifies that I got real Cubans. I have smoke only one so far and it was a great enjoyable smoke.

Bob

·
Registered
921 Posts
All my Cohibas match the top band in the second picture.
All my new ones anyway, my old ones do not have the gold.
Does anyone know exactly when the gold came in.
Was it 2001?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts