Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me. I know these aren't Nub cigars but anyways here it goes.

I posted an add on craigslist in my town looking for Cuban cigars. I got a reply from a lady saying she has some Cohibas she purchased in the Dominican Republic that I can have for free.

The questions I have are -

Can anyone identify what type these are?

I thought the DR Cohibas had a different band than the Cubans and these look like they have the same wrappers as a Cuban.

If this band they have is indeed the "Cuban" band I think they are probably fakes. Can anyone confirm?

I am getting the cigars no matter what because a free cigar is a free cigar I was just trying to get some info on them.

Here is a pic, sorry the quality is not good I didn't take the picture.

img96.imageshack.(us)/img96/7119/photoefp.jpg

Remove the parenthesis around *us*

Also sorry in advance for the huge picture.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
Yeah, between the glass top box, and the cellos, I'm going to have to go with fake. They may be tasty or they may be dog rockets.

Either way, good luck with them, and welcome to Puff! If you haven't already post up an intro in the new puffer fish forum.

· THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
34,863 Posts
Okay, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me. I know these aren't Nub cigars but anyways here it goes.

I posted an add on craigslist in my town looking for Cuban cigars. I got a reply from a lady saying she has some Cohibas she purchased in the Dominican Republic that I can have for free.

The questions I have are -

Can anyone identify what type these are?

I thought the DR Cohibas had a different band than the Cubans and these look like they have the same wrappers as a Cuban.

If this band they have is indeed the "Cuban" band I think they are probably fakes. Can anyone confirm?

I am getting the cigars no matter what because a free cigar is a free cigar I was just trying to get some info on them.

Here is a pic, sorry the quality is not good I didn't take the picture.

img96.imageshack.(us)/img96/7119/photoefp.jpg

Remove the parenthesis around *us*

Also sorry in advance for the huge picture.
I would pass my Dad always taught us nothing is free. That is a rule i have always lived by but ,many cannot turn down things that are free. Growing up we had a girl named Franny who lived on the block she gave away lots of things for free. As time went on many began to realize it wasn't worth the trip to the dept of health afterwords.:puke:

· Money Never Sleeps
3,306 Posts
Oh man I felt bad after looking at your pic. Yes sir, as others have said, def as fake as they come. But like you said, at least they were free. Just be glad you haven't invested in fake cigars like me when you thought the source was legit. Live and learn, that's the risk with Cubans when buying online.

· Registered
164 Posts
Cohiba did not make a glass top, and the CCs were never packed in cellophane. Definitely fake.
However, if they're free take them just to try. Some fakes are horrible, and some aren't that bad.

EDIT: haha Tony, I love the Franny/health dept. example.

· Registered
608 Posts
Cohiba did not make a glass top, and the CCs were never packed in cellophane.
not true, some cc's are packed in cellophane but you are correct in saying cohiba CC's were never packed in cello.

but on the pic: glass top boxes are a dead giveaway and i think it even says dominican republic on the bands.

· THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
34,863 Posts

· Twang-a-lang
1,120 Posts
From what I can tell the bands say "Republica Dominicana," these are probably some knockoff variation of those god-awful DR Cohiba knockoffs that mimic the CC band--not the red dots.

And also, is it just me, or did this post seem like a total flame?

· Easier without the hat.
2,128 Posts
From what I can tell the bands say "Republica Dominicana," these are probably some knockoff variation of those god-awful DR Cohiba knockoffs that mimic the CC band--not the red dots.

And also, is it just me, or did this post seem like a total flame?
And not even a good attempt at a fake. By "flame" do you mean "troll"? Either way, I don't think so.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.