Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well, it looks like I will be receiving $ 1,700 a year in 19 years, thats $ 300 a month for smokes, $ 300 a month for drinking, (I will be drinking more since I have more time) $ 300 a month for Gambling, (I will be gambling more since I'm bored) $ 200 a month for doctors, ( I'M FALLING APART) $ 500 ON STRIP JOINTS, (BOY AM I LONLEY) AND $ 100 ON MY WIFE, (JUST TO KEEP HER HAPPY) You can't beat all of that, Of course I will starve to death but with a BIG SMILE on my old face.

DO YOU WHERE DOC KORVORKINAN IS :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice

For those taxes, you can expect to receive $2,988 a month in Social Security retirement benefits.

Look like I will be buyin a few more smokes every month than I am now assuming I live long enought to retire at 65

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I'm hoping I don't need mine. Maybe I'll take it anyway & give it away to a worthy cause.......something local perhaps.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You can expect to pay $388,670 in Social Security taxes over your working life for retirement and survivors benefits. For those taxes, you can expect to receive $2,629 a month in Social Security retirement benefits. Your rate of return under today's Social Security is -0.69%.

However, if you had been able to invest all of your Social Security taxes in a Personal Retirement Account (PRA), you would have had a total of $1,099,351 when you retired. Your monthly benefits would have been $8,955. You lost $6,326 a month.
Yeah, the Social Security system is in great shape. No need to change that.

It was interesting on Rush the other day, he played a clip of Bill Clinton in '99 giving a speech on how in 50 years SS will be completely bankrupt and he proposed investing in the private sector. All the democrats in the plane cheered for like 30 seconds. During Bush's State of the Union address he said the same thing and got booed and hissed at for the same amount of time. Hipocrites.

·
Yeah, yeah... It's me...
958 Posts
D. Generate said:
I miss getting boned like I did when I was 22.

My taxes still suck though.
I'd agree... but in reference to the IRS if you are 22 you haven't been boned by them for very long... check with us guys in our forties and early fifties who will be able to get to retirement age with a couple of years of a "personal retirement account" to work with assuming Bush can get it passed... at 22 you have several years to make it work out... good thing I have made other plans...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.