Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasnt going to post this to any of the message boards, but hell.....I gots to post it to this one.

This years SoCal IV event will be different than previous years. Unfortunately, overhead this year drove us to make a decision and a change of plans.

Initially we decided to make this years event an invitational event to keep to crowd within reason (last year we had over 150 folks show up) considering its at my small but humble home this year instead of at Maxamars, I cant hold 150 folks.

Other than where its being held at & the limited number of folks, things should be pretty much the same as previous years. Free food, free sodas, water, beer, free laughs at flipflops expense too. Auctions will be held for various cigars & such. Raffle tickets will be sold as well as a dowrah auction Saturday. All income above costs will go to a local charity. We do it for the fun not the money:)

DATE: July 4th (4pm-midnight), July 5th (noon-midnight)
WHERE: SoCal Herf Patio (where else?) 15 min from LAX
COST: nada/zip/zero/nuttin
email questions: [email protected]

This open invitation goes out to all currently regesterd members of Club Stogie as of this post. To attend, you must:

1) RSVP via email that you be or you plan on attending
2) be a currently regestered member of Club Stogie as of this post.
3) like to laugh, eat, drink, smoke

On behalf of the SoCal Herf members & organizers, we wish we could have this event 100% open to anyone who wished to attend as in past years, but we regret we cannot for 2003. We do wish to thank all those who have attended in the past, all the folks who contributed to making SoCal I, II, & III possible, and all the friendships that were forged as a result. You know who you are & you have our eternal gratitude.

·
Registered
163 Posts
And for the second year, the Sunday after the herf party will again be hosted at my house, as Kelly likes to call it "That Damn hotter than Hell environment!"

If you are coming to SoCal IV and will still be around on Sunday, Come on Down!

Thanks Kelly for hosting the main gig at your place.

Barry

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to Las Vegas odds as of 6/9 12:37pm, the o/u has dropped slightly since undisclosed sources have noticed a drop in recent mooch attempts.

Betting money on moochiness is always a gamble. So we tapped odds maker David Scott — a senior advisor to America’s Line, an odds column syndicated in 125 newspapers — to set odds for the mooch attempts of MattR on July 5, 2003. After all, betting sports isn’t too different from mooch betting, right?

Odds of the Mattmeiser mooching below 8 cigars: 5 to 2
Between 8 and 9 cigars: 2 to 1
Over 9 cigars: 7 to 5
Over Under: 8 cigars

The odds are the ratio of the payoff to the bet.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Hmmm... anyone who is going to be at SoCal and wants to fix those odds, let me know. I may be able to help. ;)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
poker said:
Betting money on moochiness is always a gamble. So we tapped odds maker David Scott - a senior advisor to America's Line, an odds column syndicated in 125 newspapers - to set odds for the mooch attempts of MattR on July 5, 2003. After all, betting sports isn't too different from mooch betting, right?

Odds of the Mattmeiser mooching below 8 cigars: 5 to 2
Between 8 and 9 cigars: 2 to 1
Over 9 cigars: 7 to 5
Over Under: 8 cigars

The odds are the ratio of the payoff to the bet.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
something's wrong here... those can't be the odds for an entire day. i'd say they're more like the odds for the 1st hour.

·
Registered
365 Posts
SAD IN ALABAMA

POKER- Will not be able to make this one. Am hosting a PIG Roast at the lake. Its an Alabama thing. Send me an E-mail with your addY and I will send something for the Auction. I still have the wonderfull Habanos table that FLIPFLOP made last year for LOL HerfII. If anyone will donate $500( to the charity not me) I will ship it to them. We could make it a traveling Gift. LMN

Drrgill

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Bathroom??? Hell, you and flip flop went at right in front of everyone last year. What happened, you back waxing appointment not going to fall in line with the travel plans??? Or have you not yet found the right picture to copy or tape that'll stick to Jack's back?? :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts