Cigar Forums banner

So Cal B&M

Tags
bandm cal
6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  ice_nyne 
#1 ·
Any good well stocked stores in the Los Angeles/Orange County line area? Only been to the one by the house and the selection is terrible. Looking for decent sticks under $5.00 since I've been laid off recently and can't afford anything more. And this is down to 1 or 2 a week if I'm lucky. Willing to make the drive if it's worth the trip.

#4 ·
It is... but keep in mind that haven't been to all of them and IF you do find one can you let me know?

The cheapest I've seen, like a smoke shop right next to me, and a couple in Ontario (Also, I'm sure there's others) is $6~$8 per stick. I can get Gran Habanos, El Rey Del Mundos, Bolivar cofradias, some punch's to name a few for $5.99-$6.99 per stick. I think even Oliva V's for either $6.99 or $7.99 per stick. Some places do sell cigars under $5 but they really aren't any good in my experience.... Good luck!

#7 ·
It is... but keep in mind that haven't been to all of them and IF you do find one can you let me know?

The cheapest I've seen, like a smoke shop right next to me, and a couple in Ontario (Also, I'm sure there's others) is $6~$8 per stick. I can get Gran Habanos, El Rey Del Mundos, Bolivar cofradias, some punch's to name a few for $5.99-$6.99 per stick. I think even Oliva V's for either $6.99 or $7.99 per stick. Some places do sell cigars under $5 but they really aren't any good in my experience.... Good luck!
You ask to let you know about any B&M with decent prices on decent smokes. Try Total Wine and More if you have one near you. Decent selection and probably the best prices I have found. The one I go to is in Brea off of Imperial Highway. Picked up an Aturo Fuente Churchill for $5.50 and a Short Story for the same price. Cheap beer also.

#8 ·
These places are probably a little bit of a drive for you, but I know the following are nice lounges with decent prices for CA.

Fair Oaks Cigars in South Pasadena
The Big Easy in Studio City
Taylor's in Long Beach
Old Oaks Cigars in Thousand Oaks

Like I said, these are all quite a drive through traffic from Whittier, but with the exception of Old Oaks I've been to all of them and been happy with the prices, service and atmosphere.

#9 ·
These places are probably a little bit of a drive for you, but I know the following are nice lounges with decent prices for CA.

Taylor's in Long Beach

Like I said, these are all quite a drive through traffic from Whittier, but with the exception of Old Oaks I've been to all of them and been happy with the prices, service and atmosphere.
Hear Taylor's mentioned quite a bit. Might have to make the trip one day.
Thanks

#10 ·
Hear Taylor's mentioned quite a bit. Might have to make the trip one day.
Thanks
I know I'm kinda late to chime in on this, but... Taylor's is great! Unfortunately you will never beat online prices. I go to B&M to enjoy myself, not stock up.

It's sacrilegious to mention, but across the street is a discount tobacco place (LB Cigars & Tobacco) with pretty good selection and ok prices. :tape: Decent when you just want to grab a smoke on the go.

Still no name brand $5 sticks tho...

#16 ·

Taylor's in Long Beach

Taylors is good but for $5 stick? Also try Bo's in Long Beach real close to the City College!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.