Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished my smoking room, as a response to the freedom police passing the no smoking law here in Fl. Used to love to go to my favorite steakhouse (Charleys or Burns) for a great dinner and smoke. It's about 20'x10', was an existing screen porch I closed in. Nothing fancy, but very comfy. I've got a leather couch, fridge, TV, sound system and AC. I installed a bathroom fan in the ceiling over the couch, and have a hepa filter. works great, you can still enjoy your cigars aroma ,but it's not so smoky you can't see! I now can sit and enjoy cigars anytime, (wife would skin me if I smoked in the house), it gets too hot here in the summer! I'll post some pictures as I start to decorate the walls, just stucco now.:w :al

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sounds good, Fred. I sent some friends to Bern's a while back, and they're still thanking me. What a fantastic place! And yes, it's a crime that you can no longer enjoy a premium cigar at such as nice place as that, after you've crawled out of their dessert room. Quite a story behind that place, as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i'm there! i eventually want to do something similar .

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Motortown,
Yeah, the desert room just isn't the same without a nice ISOM to finish it off. I was there valentines day with the wife, she was glad I couldn't smoke , those boothes tend to hold the smoke in.:w :al

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, take a look at airpure.com The Trion 250 does a great job pulling smoke out of the air. I have one and I also use the Lightning air purifier from spring co. It can be found at the alpine web site. I smoke in my basement and these two together work great. It's a sad state of affairs when the gov. tells business what they can and can't do in their own place! :sb

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
:r

Congrats on the room Fred...luckily I don't have to worry about that........yet and maybe never :confused:

:pu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts