Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(As I type I am at the bar, smoking a 601 Red label and loving it!)
I don't think I could necessarily choose one over the other, but with winter here, I'm smoking more at my local bar than my porch and I've noticed how much more of the aroma I get to enjoy without the breeze blowing. Don't get me wrong, I love fresh air and the ambiance of the great outdoors, but smoking inside away from the wind is really great. Also, the smoke is so sexy as it gracefully hangs in the air...

Anyone else enjoying an indoor smoke tonight?

· Registered
267 Posts
Atleast you can smoke at bars in your county. I had to drive to Teays Valley over the weekend just to find a bar that I could smoke at. To put it nicely, it sucks. As for indoor or outdoor, I truly enjoy both. In the summer, I enjoy a warm breezy evening drinking a little wine or bourbon and just watch the day go by. In the winter, just give me a porter or stout and a good game and I'm content.

· Lakeland Grognard
3,998 Posts
I had a 3 Siglos outdoors just now while watching Stephen Seagal: Lawman on my Laptop. The loss of the lingering smoke is the killer, I love those few draws you get where the smoke just hangs around for a minute.

That said I think a screened in porch (which I no longer have) is great. Protection from wind, but enough breeze that it doesn't get stale.

· Registered
906 Posts
I cant stand to smoke out in the wind...If it is calm it is ok, but windy just takes the fun out of it...plus like you said, you can play with the smoke and enjoy it much more...

· Resting Smoke
245 Posts
sure just got back from spending a few hours a local shop burning a CAO Mx2 beli.2+ hour smoke.shooting the cow chips with the regulars. i just hope this place doesn't close up. i have a few to pick from around here but this one is the best in my opinion. wifi , byob and you can even bring in food if ya like. 3 flat screens,leather chairs and parking.

and no i don't like smoking when it's windy at all. swift air effects my burn time.

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welp, just nubbed the 601.
My thoughts:
I have been dreading the winter, because I don't get to enjoy cigars much at all. But, the few that I get down at my local bar, wow.
I don't take a puff for granted. Great smoke tonight. Loved the lingering smoke. So I don't get to smoke as often for a couple months, but maybe I'll enjoy all the more...
Thanks for sharing with me fellas.

Cheers!

· Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I'm back at it again...two nights in a row at the bar
--a real decadent splurge for me.
Tonight its an Ashton VSG Robusto (50 x 5 1/2)
paired with a Guiness

· Registered
61 Posts
smoking indoors is always a pleasure, especially if its too cold or windy outside, and of course if the venue allows indoor smoking. nothings worse than being rude to those who dont want smoke around.

· Disinterested
11,124 Posts
As I sit here in my livingroom, in front of this infernal machine, I sympathize with all ya poor sods who are, for one reason or another, sequestered out of doors to imbibe your love of cigars. I smoke out on my screened porch, but only in low-no wind. Any breeze at all ruins the experience. Pipes and even cigarettes are slightly better.

Smoking in bars, or lounges is ummm... ok, but your cigar is always battling with the residue of other burnables being consumed.

Strive to smoke at home! If she wont let you, come to my house and smoke. If it's too far, send her to me for a week for "re-training". ;)

· Registered
495 Posts
Have to agree with Herf.

Nothing better than parking it in a big comfy chair in front of the plasma and filling a room with smoke while watching a football or hockey game.

I feel for you guys that have to deal with the weather.

· Registered
144 Posts
Well seeing how the windchill is -10° right now, I choose inside. But I do enjoy smoking outside if it is calm, not too humid and WARM! This garage thing is killing me! I'd rather focus on the cigar, not trying to stay warm...

· Registered
730 Posts
Just got the cable hooked up in the garage so life is good for now!

· Razzmatazz Eustice Barlow
477 Posts
I prefer to smoke outdoors on my patio. Cold drink on one side, loyal dog on the other (MacGyver - Rhodesian Ridgeback). It's a nice relaxing time for me, filled with gentle thoughts and reflection. When I first started puffing cigars, someone told me "Make that time about the cigar and you. Don't make it an afterthought while you do something else" Those words have proven true and have enhanced 90% of my cigar smoking experiences.

But, as has been previously said, if it's windy it sucks.

Living in the Republic of California, I have few opportunities to smoke indoors. There are 2 B&M cigar lounges that are a great place to watch a sporting event near me, but that's about it.

· Banned
18,523 Posts
I much prefer inside to outside as you can take in the great cigar fumes as it wafts into the air. I use to belong to some great B&M lounges and I'd go there at least every other day. Outdoors is fine as long as it is comfortable with no wind.

As I sit here in my livingroom, in front of this infernal machine, I sympathize with all ya poor sods who are, for one reason or another, sequestered out of doors to imbibe your love of cigars. I smoke out on my screened porch, but only in low-no wind. Any breeze at all ruins the experience. Pipes and even cigarettes are slightly better.

Smoking in bars, or lounges is ummm... ok, but your cigar is always battling with the residue of other burnables being consumed.

Strive to smoke at home! If she wont let you, come to my house and smoke. If it's too far, send her to me for a week for "re-training". ;)
I'm so jealous I could literally vomit. I remember the days when I was King and could smoke in my own place,,,had humidors in every room with cigar pictures on the wall. Now I just get to smoke outside or in the garage,,so much for being King!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.