Cigar Forums banner
161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG!
29,535 Posts
New toy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey you know your signature line works for both cigars.
And smoking meats and other foods.
The new grill seals the deal! (y)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey all, wondering if anyone else is into smoking meat, nuts, cheeses etc.

Hoping to share some experiences, recipes and the like.

Myself, I live in an apartment in Michigan and so I tend to only fire up the smoker in the warmer months.

I have Bradley Original with an electronic PID and dual heater mod. My favorites are pork shoulder, Gouda, sharp Cheddar, cold smoked salmon for dip and honey covered pistachios

Planning to try my hand at some home cured Maple pork belly bacon in the coming months!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I love smoking meat about as much as I love smoking cigars. I use a simple Webber Kettle. Here are some ribs I smoked a while back.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If you ever get the chance try smoking an Apple pie it's one of my favorites to eat especially when I have cherry wood. When it comes to meet I love smoked pork shoulder injected with apple / Orange juice and liquid smoke. I go ahead and season it with any dry rub I can find at the store that sounds good I love spicy.
Apple Pie. Now that sounds interesting. I will have to try that one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Six years ago...
Her: Why are you curing your own bacon? Just buy some...
Me: The prices are too high and the quality is too low.
Her: 🙄

Yesterday...
Her: OMG, bacon is $11 / pound...it looks awful. (Looks at me) Will you make us some bacon?
Me: (Kissing her on the forehead) Welcome dear, we've been waiting for you...

Curing with cure mix (pink salt, kosher salt, sugar), coarse black pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, crushed bay leaves, crushed allspice, crushed juniper berries. This will get smoked next weekend with a hickory apple mix.

161 - 180 of 188 Posts