Cigar Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I use the 18.5” WSM. Only mods I did were a gasket kit to seal it up better and also picked up a BBQ guru to go with it. Set it and forget it. Great smoker. If you ever try to smoke a packer brisket on it be sure not to go over 13 pounds or it won’t fit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's definitely a sweet smoker and insanely easy to use. Temp dialed in, and held, for a long time and a 10+ hr cook was no problem. There wasn't much fuel left though, so for a longer cook, I'd definitely have to add briquettes.

The only mods I did was the gasket kit and I notched the top of the middle section to accommodate temp probes. It doesn't have a middle grate and I probably won't bother with buying one. I think that I can wedge the 18.5" food grate from one of my kettles. I didn't bother with the water pan either. I just wrapped it in foil, and stuck a disposable chafing tray on top of it. Clean up was a snap.

I'm really digging this grill.

I have a 12lb prime brisket I picked up on sale at Costco last year. It'll be tight, but I'll just prop it up in the middle, and stick the ends between the handles, until it shrinks during the cook. If it's too big for that, I'll separate the point and flat, or stick it in a kettle with the SnS.

·
Retired Chaos Designer
11,659 Posts
I was looking at one of those at Costco this morning (no face diaper required). They look interesting, let us know how you like it.
Gonna fire it for the first time in a few minutes, Rib-eye, baked potato bacon wrapped jalapeños and portobellos in a jalapeño butter sauce

121 - 138 of 138 Posts