Cigar Forums banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Slow and low w/ a reverse sear. I've never taken tri-tip up to 200. How does it come out? Only pushed chuck roast, brisket and pork butt that high-probe tender.
ive only ever gone fast and hot to medium rare but have read about people treating it like a brisket

·
Bloke with a Smoke
767 Posts
Made my first tri-tip Labor day. 250 degrees until temp reached 110. Wrap it and remove while i wait for the grill temp to reach 550. Unwrap and reverse sear. Spectacular.

However, I use a pellet grill/smoker. Prior to that I had a Weber and a gas grill. Both are gone now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ive only ever gone fast and hot to medium rare but have read about people treating it like a brisket
To be honest, I would have never thought of that. I'm just use to pushing it to medium rare and a good rest before slicing. I mostly just use lump, maybe a chunk of post oak and indirect heat with the lower damper at 1/4 open and let er rip. Doesn't take too long, but like to give the smoke a chance to work.

On the flip side, my PBC cooks fast/efficient. But I only use it on longer cooks; baby backs, butts, brisket, split chickens...etc.

Most of the time I just crank up the ole trust weber kettle.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Beef ribs.
I am not ashamed to say that I am NOT a rib fan. Growing up it was only pork ribs done over high heat charcoal...this pretty much ruined me on the concept.

These were given to me by my bro in law, so I'm attempting to smoke them to perfect tenderness and see if I can change my mind about what a rib is supposed to taste like.

PXL_20210123_173705284.jpg

·
Super Moderator
16,899 Posts
Beef ribs.

I am not ashamed to say that I am NOT a rib fan. Growing up it was only pork ribs done over high heat charcoal...this pretty much ruined me on the concept.

These were given to me by my bro in law, so I'm attempting to smoke them to perfect tenderness and see if I can change my mind about what a rib is supposed to taste like.

View attachment 295442
Don't worry bro. I'm no fan either. Apparently I smoke great ribs. That's the big request at every get together. But I don't see it. I'll try one or two.. maybe, if I had smoker issues or i think somethings wrong, I'll try em..

Pulled pork is another thing I wouldn't miss if I never had it again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Don't worry bro. I'm no fan either. Apparently I smoke great ribs. That's the big request at every get together. But I don't see it. I'll try one or two.. maybe, if I had smoker issues or i think somethings wrong, I'll try em..

Pulled pork is another thing I wouldn't miss if I never had it again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Just wrapped them in foil. The bones were all pretty much falling out with a little help. I nibbled on what was stuck to the bones and it was delicious.

Pulled pork can be pretty good. I'm out when they pour vinegar on it, though. Went to a class in Asheville one time. They served BBQ at lunch. I would have eaten it dry, but when they douched it, I almost threw up.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Got the ribs to where the fat was properly rendered, the meat super tender, and while the meat tasted like a pot roast I'm just not a fan. *I didn't sauce them as my wife requested a zero-sugar rub on them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The latest addition to my Weber family.

I've wanted one for years, but I refuse to pay over $300.00 for a new one, and they never go on sale.
Over the past year, or so, my cheap ass has been making lowball offers, when they pop up on FB Marketplace. They tend to sell really fast and I've had at least 10 offers rejected
😂
, but I finally persevered. The closest I came to scoring one, was a few months ago. She wanted $125.00, I offered $50.00, she countered with $100.00, I tried to get her to meet me halfway, but to avail. I'm almost as stubborn, as I am cheap!
I saw the that the listing for this one had just posted and I pounced. They advertised it for $100.00. I messaged the seller and asked what size it was, (18.5"), and if it had all the parts, (missing a grate), so I offered $75.00 and he took it!

101 - 120 of 138 Posts