Cigar Forums banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Well after 20+ years, finely broke down and got a new smoker. Been using a small charcoal one, but it was always hard to keep the temps right (Burned to hot or to cold) So I went with propane one. With little adjustment I can keep 225 degrees spot on.
The taste isn't the same, but will work on changing my spices and smoke woods.
I also got a meat grinder and sausage stuffer to give that a try too....Defiantly going to open some new doors.

Smoked up some chicken legs. Sweet and hot Italian pork sausage (Made fresh on Fri) and some beans.

View attachment 273004

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Went to go smoke some chicken today, smoker all filled up with plume! And noticed I could also see the ground through the bottom. Time for a new smoker me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I just got done with my first attempt at smoking. I used the snake method in a big weber. I used regular brickets mixed with Jealous Devil. I thought I'd somehow screw it up, but it went smoothly. Smoked about 4 pounds of brisket. Nothing too exciting. I did have an issue with temp, it stayed at around 300. Not sure if that's because of too much charcoal, or too much air. It was in there for about 6 hours, which I'm realizing now, might have been too long. I read you're supposed to do an hour and 15 per pound. But I gotta do stuff the wrong way before I do it the right way.

I used the first recipe I found on the interweb, a rub using cocoa, coffee grounds, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Tastes and smells just like beef jerky. Now that I kinda know how to do it, I think I'm gonna smoke everything. You guys are talking about apple pies, mac n cheese, smoke up some bean now that I don't need to leave the house.....all kinds of good stuff.

·
Registered
274 Posts
A thread about smoking meat on a smoking forum, how obvious.

In Europe smoking / BBQ-ing is getting more popular with contests, getting better products like offsets and pellet smokers (Yoder is a thing actually here) and magazines.

Myself was smoking more meat when I had more time on my hands. Did some sessions of ribs, pork shoulders and brisket which came out nice. I'm working with a Weber 57cm, I have been looking at a offset or kamado, but the quality and abuse a weber can endure is unmatched for me. Nowadays with less time I'm limiting myself to chicken and preparing burgers. What I do like is to make the whole meal on the Weber, so potatoes, veggies and desert also on the Q.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VOG-L29 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ive been a novice smoker for a few years. I always believed that BBQ was a right of passage to becoming a full-fledged dood. I actually really learned to BBQ in South Korea with a bunch of drunk Koreans and Soju, good as long as you dont hose it up. I favor a plain-jane round weber (ole trusty) and a pit pit barrel cooker (murphy proof).

Split chickens out of the PBC.
5CA0110A-7A04-458E-AAA7-CA59FD9D315E.jpeg

Smoked chicken breast.
88E5D31A-8248-44A0-972E-D8690B224CC2.jpg

Korean drumsticks, a bit of zing on em.
292D44D5-ED60-4D32-9AC9-49ECE836E108.jpg

Cowboy Steak
1E30A89F-CFDB-42B7-BC6A-42BD29D7F2B5.jpeg

Tri-Tip
A983268A-025E-401D-AE56-060AB6BFB513.jpeg

Stuffed Chicken Breasts w/ stuffing..
BEC2D9B4-6D34-4A0E-AE0A-E732A7632817.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Ive been a novice smoker for a few years. I always believed that BBQ was a right of passage to becoming a full-fledged dood. I actually really learned to BBQ in South Korea with a bunch of drunk Koreans and Soju, good as long as you dont hose it up. I favor a plain-jane round weber (ole trusty) and a pit pit barrel cooker (murphy proof).

View attachment 286410

Smoked chicken breast.
View attachment 286412

View attachment 286414

Cowboy Steak
View attachment 286416

Tri-Tip
View attachment 286418

View attachment 286420
Have you checked out this guys channel? He love smoking on his Weber.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPJwVjwRr3G7AZehQ-EaJeA

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

View attachment 286410

Smoked chicken breast.
View attachment 286412

View attachment 286414

Cowboy Steak
View attachment 286416

Tri-Tip
View attachment 286418

View attachment 286420
you go hot and fast to ~135 on the tritip or low and slow and take it to ~200?

·
Registered
60 Posts
you go hot and fast to ~135 on the tritip or low and slow and take it to ~200?
Slow and low w/ a reverse sear. I've never taken tri-tip up to 200. How does it come out? Only pushed chuck roast, brisket and pork butt that high-probe tender.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts