Cigar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously, I was reluctant to smoke in my car... other than the couple times when I had all windows wide open. After always hearing from sgoselin how much he enjoys road herfs, I recently started to indulge. I can certainly say that a good cigar makes the 4-5 hour drives a little more tolerable. Smoking helps me relax and ALMOST helps alleviate my urge to run every freaking moron driver off the road. :D

I used to only smoke the domestics I hardly ever touch, or lower end Havanas while driving. Now I won't smoke the extremely rare and vintage stuff, but I do find that I am able to enjoy the higher end stuff on the road. On my drive back yesterday, I set the cruise control, turned to the jazz station on XM radio, and lit up a nice VR robusto. Instead of opening all the windows, I now only crack the rear windows enough to create a negative pressure environment. I find that this prevents the burn problems created by the breeze, and allows the aroma to linger around long enough for me to enjoy it. Although a little bit of odor does linger, I really don't care anymore. I really need the relaxation, and whomever doesn't like it can walk. :D
Also, one tip that has helped me is to not stick the whole cigar out the window at 80mph, only the ash.

One thing that would help is an electrostatic ashtray that you plug into an DC outlet. Therefore, you could tap the ash of your cigar without having pieces fly around. Also, I was thinking about installing a small exhaust fan and duct work in my next vehicle.
:w I might invest in one of those portable air purifiers. Does anybody have any positive experiences with those?

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Hey Bran, I have a small ozone purifier from Brookstones that I keep in my vehicle, it seems to work pretty good. I even leave it on overnight when I am at home and it doesn't seem to draw the battery down at all. Smells fresh in the morning.:w

·
Registered
156 Posts
Rick,

Could you post a link for that ozone filter..I'd love to smoke in my Jeep but I don't want it smelling like a rotting ashtray the next day. I tried it once and boy, it took almost a week for the linger to go away.

Brandon,

Dittos on the XM.. Best invention for the radio since the knob. :D

-Justin

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Rick, you have all the cool stuff! This is a great thread. I think the car would be a great place to smoke. I've always been hesitant to do so due to the way smoke seems to permeate the upholstory. Thanks for the ideas. I think:rolleyes: !

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Great link Rick! You wouldn't need it if you smoked Shorts rather than slr's :)

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Been smokin' in my car for years, especially since I like to travel and love driving. Smokin' a good stogie sure makes the drive so much more enjoyable.

Always wondered about some of theash that flies around and some of the linering smell. Thanks for the recommendations on the ionizers.

MoTheMan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts