Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like mild cigars, I found this one very mild, but I couldn't put it down and smoked it to the last inch.

What's up with that?

Usually if I don't like a cigar I ditch it and grab something else.

Also I was working on an Aizuddin-sized ash

http://www.mycigarblog.com/blog/archives/images/opus-long-ash-(1).jpg

no, not that long, he is the master, but almost 2 inches outside is impressive for me. For a cigar I would be loathe to buy, given the price, I really liked the XO. The cigar I smoked the night before (Camacho face off) I also liked. I had mostly habanos for a month or so, and forgot how good some of the NCs could be. Live, learn and smoke. :w :w

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LasciviousXXX said:
For a nice midday smoke I thoroughly enjoy the AVO XO line. My particular favorite would be the Petit Corona size. Have you tried the AVO Domaine?
I think the one I had was the Intermezzo. I'll definately try more of the XOs. I haven' t tried other AVOs but this one has me interested, at least for a milder cigar that has enough taste to be interesting.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
You might enjoy the Domaine's as they tend to be very smooth and flavorful. Still mild to medium but very enjoyable none the less. The Intermezzo "XO" has a nice flavor. I'm still partial to the Notturno though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
SeanGAR said:
I think the one I had was the Intermezzo. I'll definately try more of the XOs. I haven' t tried other AVOs but this one has me interested, at least for a milder cigar that has enough taste to be interesting.
If the cigar is question was one that I put in the pass or a PIF it is an Intermezzo. I have sent a few of these out over the past few months because I found it too mild for my tastes.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Avo XO are decent cigars, but IMHO a little to expensive for a mild cigar. I would rather spend the money on a more robust Cigar.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
SeanGAR said:
I don't like mild cigars, I found this one very mild, but I couldn't put it down and smoked it to the last inch.

What's up with that?
Right there with you. Good Dominicans. Got quite a few AVO's that I like, although I usually prefer the fuller bodied ones more (Signature, 22, Domain, Maduro). :w

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had an AVO Legacy recently....

...that burned so perfectly I'm convinced I could have smoked it to the nub without ashing. Sadly, my friend's wife started giving me the evil " you better not get that on my carpet" look, and I had to ash.

AVOs are some of the most consistently good cigars on the market; I've never had a bad one. These days they are a bit mild for my evolving tastes, but I still like em lots:)

SeanGAR said:

What's up with that?

Usually if I don't like a cigar I ditch it and grab something else.

Also I was working on an Aizuddin-sized ash

http://www.mycigarblog.com/blog/archives/images/opus-long-ash-(1).jpg

no, not that long, he is the master, but almost 2 inches outside is impressive for me. For a cigar I would be loathe to buy, given the price, I really liked the XO. The cigar I smoked the night before (Camacho face off) I also liked. I had mostly habanos for a month or so, and forgot how good some of the NCs could be. Live, learn and smoke. :w :w

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.