Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well I just got back from the Patriots game. It was nice to watch Peyton fold under pressure like origami. If you're a Colts fan I 'm sorry but he looked like a rookie out there...dazed and confused. I enjoyed a Psd4 during the tailgate and had a Monte 2 last night. Oh yeah and a girl I am seeing brought me down a beautiful 50 count burlwood humidor.

All in all I'd have to say it was a great weekend.

As far as the Steelers go...Bring it! :hn

Go Pats!!!

·
-
11,412 Posts
i had already posted what i had in the habanos reviews forum (HdM petit robusto; Cuaba Salomone; Partagas Lusitania - and non-cuban i had a maria mancini).

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
It was good hooking up with you again Joe. Had a great time with and the "guys" today......I really needed that!
As far as the cigars....the Siglo VI and Trindad Robusto Extra were just ok. Too young for any appreciable flavors, but show promise with age. I will keep the Sig VI's on hand.
The Rafeal Gonzales Tres Petite Lonsdale that Ron gave me was good. It was nice "re-visiting an old friend".
Smoked something else...but forgot what it was!

The Brass Brewery in Barrinton was very cool....we need to have a Northern Illinois smoker there sometime!

·
Registered
585 Posts
the only thing that makes smoking a don candido better, is smoking it in the company of such great people!

this was my second time meeting up with Bruce, Mr.C, and UCMBA and i was, shit, i am still blown away. cigars aside, these are some of the most generous and fun people to herf with!

was a fantastic end to my chicago trip, and i look forward to doing it again! great location as well.

·
Registered
579 Posts
,,,I smoked a Trinidad Fundadores, a Trinidad Reyes, and a Bolivar Belicoso Fino. The Bolivar smoked like the CA review said it would: bitter with major burn problems. It did get nice towards the end, however.
The Reyes was a great little smoke: beautifully made, creamy and a bit spicy. The Fundadores was an experience. You look at this cigar and you don't think you're going to be spending 2 hours with it, but you do. And it ges better and better as you go.

mr.c said:
Gotta say I did. Dunhill Mojito and a Ramon Allones Corona. Hooked up with Bruce, UCMBA and Dave C today. They just kill you with Kindness. Cant say enough thanks.

How about you, what was your weekend like ???

·
Registered
105 Posts
MrC, DaveC, Bruce: A PLEASURE! Thank you all for coming out and meeting up - that was FUN and we should do it again soon! Bruce: good call on the meeting place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are WAY too generous. UNREAL!

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Haven't smoked anything this weekend but it looks like I'll be having a couple tomorrow night. Ahhh...... I can see it now........ get home from a long day's work and start a fire in our new fire pit on the front porch. Sit down with a nice glass o' Gentleman Jack and a fine smoke. It looks like I'll be having a Sancho Panza Belicoso and an RyJ PC.

I haven't tried either of them yet so it will be a new experience. You just can't beat a warm fire and a smooth smoke.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Had a great time herfin' in San Diego this Saturday.
Started off the ride down there with a PSD3 (gifted me by a fellow BOTL), followed it with a Farmie Lonsdale. After some good Mexican grub had a Cohiba Pyramid Reserve, followed by another Farmie Lonsale (man those two were good), then an H. Upmann Petit Upmann (a demi-tasse), and for dessert two Punch Cigarillos.
Mmm! A great herfin' day! :w

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hmmm. started off with Lusi that was yummmy!, then smoked a delish Cohiba Sig IV from Poker's 01 stash that was excellent! Followed that with a Mag 46 from one of the BOTL at the herf Sat. All in all a beautiful day except the Colts lost.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I took Sunday afternoon off to watch the two playoff games. My favorite cigar shop and lounge closed at the end of the Minnesota/Philly game, so I headed over to the auxiliary office (code for a local business hotel with a really sweet cigar room) for Indy/New England. I had a JL2, an RyJ Churchill, a Cohiba Robusto and a Monte 2 during the games.

Man, I absolutely love Sundays like that!! :D

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
took a 4 day weekend(alas over too soon)...watched 4 football games-nfl will do while the cfl is on hiatus(dec to june).

friday night...monty#4

saturday...bolivar lonsdale...monty c...sancho panza bachileres(best one of the day...bachileres)

sunday...bolivar coronas junior

monday...just finished a partagas petite corona

only one from this millenium was the monty c

derrek :D

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Man dvickery, that's living.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Saturday:
-BoliRC.... Gotta love the taste of boli... find the construction not as good as other robustos... but who cares if the taste is good...
-Monte2: from jul 2004... all 2004 are awesome...
-on the drive to work today (need a pick-me-up): a party short... very cold with the car window open... -20C degrees...... my body's still thawing after an hour... brr

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't know what it was but it had a maroon band with thin yellow borders and a lower case small "d" on the label. It was robusto sized and what made it even better was a great friend gave it to me!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
WOW everyone seems to have had a great weekend full of wonderful smokes.

I had a JL#2 on Friday, cause IHT came over at lunch and smoked one....so I had one later on that night. Man the 04s are awsome. I can't wait till these get some more age, they will be superb.

Then on Sat after a late breakfast I tried to smoke a Opus X that I had bought just to try. Well is sucked, so I threw it out and went and got a SLR PC sent to me from Mo. Drank a glass of Makers Mark with it. Yummy.

On Sunday I didn't have a cigar :rolleyes: Had a bad headache all day.

And nothing yesterday either. I'm thinking I need to smoke a good stick tonight. Maybe a PSD3 EL or that Partagas Pyramid EL Poker sent with Palio group buy.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Manny said:
Don't know what it was but it had a maroon band with thin yellow borders and a lower case small "d" on the label. It was robusto sized and what made it even better was a great friend gave it to me!
Manny,

Don't bother with those cigars. I'll just trade you Opus for those :w

1 - 20 of 21 Posts