Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All day yesterday I was anxiously waiting to get home, eat dinner and smoke my evening cigar. I already knew which three cigars I would be choosing from. Either a Boli PC, Monte#4 or SLR PC. Well I want to hold onto the Monte and Boli a little longer. So I go with the SLR. Now the only other SLR I've smoked is the Series A. I have read a lot about this little PC. And seems like a lot of people like it.

So I grab it out of my Haier. It does have a slight tear down the side, I'd say about an inch or so long. I think that happened on it's way to my house. But I don't really care about that.

I cut it, pre light draw is very good. The taste is sweet with loads of tobacco taste. Hmmmm, now I know this is going to kick butt.

I toast the foot, then light her up. Loads of smoke...very smooth. Nice aroma from the smoke. Taste of tobacco and cinnamon??? maybe. My palette isn't as refined as some of yours. And of coarse since it has that tear it is burning bad. But I could care less. The taste is what I'm after.

Still loads of smoke, about a 1/4 of the way through. Flavors haven't changed to much. But it now has added spice to the tobacco and cinnamon. It is also starting to fix itself.

Knock the ash off, purge....and hello flame :D almost singed the eyebrows.

Next pull is really good. Still very smooth, hints of leather and spice. Still a little sweet. Maybe some cocoa flavors??? not to sure.

At the half way mark, and all of a sudden I am on the floor. I was fine just a second ago. But now I'm getting my a$$ kicked. But this cigar is so good I just keep on smoking. The whole time it has been real smooth, lots of flavor and since it fixed itself burning very well.

Time for another purge....this time the flame is just normal size. Doesn't look like a flamethrower.

I am sitting in my living room, listening to it rain and watching Bad Boys II on my HT. Which for those who haven't seen it is about a Cuban drug smuggler. Anyway..........

Now I am still holding on, barely. This PC is really kicking my a$$ now, and I am thinking I should throw in the towl, but it taste soo good I just can't. SOOOO now I am 3/4 of the way through....I have been smoking this for about 30-45 minutes. I have slowed down, since it started to put me on my can.

Still spicy and lots of tobacco flavor. I am licking my lips and sucking on my tongue. My whole mouth feels thick, and I am feeling a bit whoozy. But I keep smoking it, and it is still tasting very good. I am nubbing it, and thinking to myself that I should really stop smoking it.

Eventhough it is still smoking well and has yet to get hot, I put it down. And for the first time I actually feel like I could :pu . I usually give IHT a hard time for this, but now I understand. I should have set it down. After a rest I could try and finish it, but NOOOOOO.....

So I'm sitting in my chair....feeling all tingly from the cigar and at the same time feeling a little nauseous. All in all the SLR PC was IMHO a kick a$$ stick. And I mean kick (my) a$$.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: SLR Petit Corona

:r

Yeah I'm a wimp :fu

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts

Gotta love those PCs! Now you have to try a BoliCJ. A real TNT stick!

Why don't you give one to IHT? After he smokes it he won't be able to make any posts for a few days....giving us some needed relief! ;)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

:r If I had another I would. I bought five SLR Series A from Darkstar on CW, he included this with the five I bought.

I want to try the CJ, but I am in a holding pattern on buying anymore cigas....besides our GB I'm done buying boxes for a little while.

·
-
11,412 Posts

coppertop said:
I want to try the CJ, but I am in a holding pattern on buying anymore cigas....besides our GB I'm done buying boxes for a little while.
i'm the opposite of coppertop (but those single guys can buy cab after cab with no worry). all i have are what we've bought in the GBs!! i'm almost out of all cigars BUT my ELs, a few MC 3s, about four JL Sel #2s, and maybe 7 PSD4s and 8 Quinteros... so, i'm running low. hell, my 2nd humidor is empty!

luckily, i'll start stocking up here in a month or so... wooohoooo!! gonna miss all the prime smokin weather though.

and what's wrong with my posts? :c

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Greg I think Bob is refering to the "Morning Nookie" post :D

Personally I found it very humerous

:z

·
-
11,412 Posts

coppertop said:
Personally I found it very humerous
<sarcasm>
well, you know barb, she was giggling about something as well, but wouldn't tell me what. she kept saying "more, more, more", but you read into that what you want.

i keep forwarding her those junk emails i get that say, "do you need an 9" c*ck?"
no, I don't need one, but she might...
</sarcasm>

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I was refering your review of the backwoods cigar. Not your love making skills. :al

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

coppertop said:
I was refering your review of the backwoods cigar. Not your love making skills. :al

there should have been a TO in between refering and your.....my bad.

·
Bull Goose Gorilla
796 Posts

The SLR PC can be a great little cigar. Lots of flavor and a lot of depth. I have some from 96 and from 98. Oddly enough the 98's are a deep reddish brown color and very beautiful, but they have not reached their peak yet. The 96's are fantastic, incredible amount of flavor, but they look terrible. A sort of sickish green/grey color, very disturbing to look at, but heaven to smoke. I have never experienced the strength that you wrote about with an SLR PC, but then again there seems to be great variation in most Havanas. The SLR PC is one of the great PC's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.