Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it didn't take long to pick up speed here. Just got off the phone with Staebbel and Associates. Pulled the trigger on a Mini in black walnut, single drawer, glass front with the set and forget humi system. Now the 6-8 week wait!!

I may very well upgrade to the larger Aristocrat model cabinet as the 7 cu ft capacity over the Mini's 3 cu ft IS worth the extra $525. Or a mere $375 additional if I drop a blk walnut cabinet and go to a different wood. Told the Gentleman I'd call back in a few weeks if I want to upgrade.

The mini would go down in the reloading room/man cave. So not really an upstairs, in the living room piece of furniture. Still...bigger IS always better.

FN in MT:tu

· Elder Jungle Leader
5,086 Posts
Sounds like you have jumped in with both feet! Enjoy those great sounding humidors... and have fun filling them up. :tu

· Registered
192 Posts
Well it didn't take long to pick up speed here. Just got off the phone with Staebbel and Associates. Pulled the trigger on a Mini in black walnut, single drawer, glass front with the set and forget humi system. Now the 6-8 week wait!!

I may very well upgrade to the larger Aristocrat model cabinet as the 7 cu ft capacity over the Mini's 3 cu ft IS worth the extra $525. Or a mere $375 additional if I drop a blk walnut cabinet and go to a different wood. Told the Gentleman I'd call back in a few weeks if I want to upgrade.

The mini would go down in the reloading room/man cave. So not really an upstairs, in the living room piece of furniture. Still...bigger IS always better.

FN in MT:tu
Do yourself a favor and pick up the phone 'right now' and change your order to the larger cabinet!

· Registered
879 Posts
Excellent, you can use the bigger Aristocrat for storage and the smaller humi as a drybox/to smoke stash! :tu

· Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can appreciate craftsmanship and the time that goes into a fine piece of furniture like the Staebell humi's. But...I AM retired and on a fixed income. I'd love to go for the larger Aristocrat but the extra several hundred dollars makes it tough. Shipping alone is an extra $110 on the Aristocrat. Black Walnut is $150 extra.
So for the mini's $1200 to my door, with the options I wanted, it's probably going to be THE model.

My plan is to use the mini as my main humidor, for my good stuff. I still have a small 50 stick humi with an Oasis that works fine. That will still see duty to store some smokes.

I'm going to build an Igloo coolador to store and age my everyday boxed smokes and for the boxed overflow.

Plus it's going down in the Man Cave anyway which is nearly full with a big screen ,a lazee boy , large gun safe, all my metallic and shotshell reloading gear, a mess of ammo, large library, etc. So smaller is better when space is at a premium.

I have a month to decide what I want. I may go for the BIG one.

Too many expensive hobbies; skeet shooting, sporting clays, motorcycles, and my ever growing collection of Smith & Wesson revolvers. It never seems to END.

FN in MT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.